Been a long time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Been a long time...

I'm still trying to figure out Wingmans Quiz !!!

Didn't Miss RJ have a very pointed spinner? What was the spinner off of?

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce View Post
      Hello Neal,

It is funny, but the all white VooDoo is one of my all time favorites too. And the other pic is of VooDoo's carbon fiber cowling.
      No fair.. the one time that I actually had a Wingman Quiz and Bill beat me to it!!

Wuz it the year before that Smooter flew her??
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
        I'm still trying to figure out Wingmans Quiz !!!

Didn't Miss RJ have a very pointed spinner? What was the spinner off of?
        The spinner off of Miss RJ wasn't 'from' anything. It was a Jim Larsen-modified Mustang spinner. He put a similar one on Miss Foxy Lady in '74 at Reno, but it departed the aircraft at speed and they never put it back on again.

Comment

Dawn Patrol

Comment

No better looking Mustang , then Foxy Lady in the white paint

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
              Dawn Patrol

Fantastic shot!

Comment

Thank you, Randy. Dawn Patrol is an interesting time to do pilot portraits. Freezing cold, cranky sleep deprived crew, demanding crew chief, and you've got to fly an airplane that you beat on the day before. There's no crowd to play to, and no announcers talking about you -- just this beast of an airplane to fly.

And then you have these yahoos running around your airplane pointing big fancy cameras at you...

Neal

Comment

Awesome, awesome shots Neal! Love that face on Matt!

Comment

I just love the composition on the Hurricane Hannah shot, from the contrasting colors (not only the stark white and blue, but the flag and the skin tone), to having the pilot's name right there next to him. Very cool.

Comment

Wow, great shot of Matt!

I know this is blasphemy...but with all the talk of paint schemes and what not.....I wish they'd change the paint to something more "classic" like Strega and change the name. "Voodoo" is kinda creepy IMO.

*duck and run*

Either way, I'm pulling for them in September!! Sure is shaping up to be a great race; wish I could go.

Comment

Originally posted by CanIFlyIt View Post
                        Wow, great shot of Matt!

I know this is blasphemy...but with all the talk of paint schemes and what not.....I wish they'd change the paint to something more "classic" like Strega and change the name. "Voodoo" is kinda creepy IMO.

*duck and run*

Either way, I'm pulling for them in September!! Sure is shaping up to be a great race; wish I could go.
                        I kinda liked the name Voodoo Chile....but I understand why Bob changed it. I'd get tired of it being called Voodoo Chili too. I'd like to see the current airframe configuration painted in the 1995 scheme with the artwork. It was a good lookin 'racer' paint job with great fuselage art. THAT would be epic.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                          Thank you, Randy. Dawn Patrol is an interesting time to do pilot portraits. Freezing cold, cranky sleep deprived crew, demanding crew chief, and you've got to fly an airplane that you beat on the day before. There's no crowd to play to, and no announcers talking about you -- just this beast of an airplane to fly.

And then you have these yahoos running around your airplane pointing big fancy cameras at you...

Neal

Could ANYTHING better illustrate RACE pilot? I think not. Fabulous photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                            I'd get tired of it being called Voodoo Chili too.
                            I always thought that he should have had a big screen in the pit area playing Hendrix at Montreux to help introduce the unwashed to what the name was all about.

Comment

Working...
                            X