Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Warbirds" - or stockers you'd be thrilled to see....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Warbirds" - or stockers you'd be thrilled to see....

Just for fun;

Which would be your top three Warbirds (or post-war era stockers) that you would enjoy seeing on the race course? Must be actual flying types, within the restored warbird community today.

I've always dreamed of the Tigercat, well that's become a reality... So my three might be:

Mk.XIV Spitfire - Was nice to witness at Phoenix...
    P-47 - Ditto to the above..
    Tempest/Typhoon

Could go on and on...

- Joseph

Re: "Warbirds" - or stockers you'd be thrilled to see....

P-47
    P-38
    A-26

If we are including jet class I would add the F-86
    pylon judge, race fan

Comment

Mosquito......................any chance Rod Lewis will bring his newest warbird? Would love to see her on display at the Heritage Show or even making a few circuits around the course
      Brian

Comment

My #1 would be the only flying (I think it is) Supermarine Seafire. Love that plane. I would add the A-26 and Typhoon as well.
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
          Mosquito......................any chance Rod Lewis will bring his newest warbird? Would love to see her on display at the Heritage Show or even making a few circuits around the course
          Brian
          Now that would be sweet!

Comment

I would enjoy to see the Seafire XV. I believe one was being restored in Canada.
            And my most prefered it would be the FW190 Dora.

Comment

The Supermarine Mk47 Griffon mix-master Seafire flying out of Aspen, CO. (that was restored by Nelson Ezell in Breckenridge, TX a few years ago).

Bell P-39 Airacobra (Rod Lewis' or the CAF/P-63 Kingcobra will do for a consolation)

P-38 (Preferrably~ Lewis Air Legends' P-38F 'Glacier Girl')

"PLEASE" & ~Thank you very-much!

DBD
              Last edited by BuckyD; 07-21-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

If we're REALLY gonna go crazy: A Dornier Do335! Like to see a Sabre-engined Tempest (just to hear the motor) and a Mosquito.
                Oh yeah:P-61
                Last edited by V1670; 07-21-2013, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by V1670 View Post
                  If we're REALLY gonna go crazy: A Dornier Do335! Like to see a Sabre-engined Tempest (just to hear the motor) and a Mosquito.
                  Oh yeah:P-61
                  P-61!!!! Now that would be amazing! Isn't there only one even close to flying right now? I wouldn't mind seeing it at an airshow let alone racing!
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I've heard rumblings of Clay Lacy's purple Mustang "Miss Van Nuys" as a possible visitor for the 50th, whether she is a ramp static entry or a stocker class entrant, either way it would be sssooo cool!

Dawn patrol two ship with "Ole Yeller" on the ramp, perhaps
                    "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sierra fox View Post
                      I've heard rumblings of Clay Lacy's purple Mustang "Miss Van Nuys" as a possible visitor for the 50th, whether she is a ramp static entry or a stocker class entrant, either way it would be sssooo cool!

Dawn patrol two ship with "Ole Yeller" on the ramp, perhaps

Sure would be fitting!

Comment

F-82!

Aren't there two being rebuilt? Maybe one needs to be Stregafied.....

Comment

A P47 would be sweet.

Besides great weather, a large crowd, I would be happy with a very large static display of past racers.

Also maybe RARA could offer some special reservation based sunrise photo ops similar to what Planes of Fames did at the P38 gathering.

Comment

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post
                            F-82!
                            This! Saw one when I was a kid and have been fascinated ever since.

Bf-109

Tu-95
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                              Mosquito......................any chance Rod Lewis will bring his newest warbird?
                              I'm not sure that that particular deal has yet been done. Time will tell I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X