Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Warbirds" - or stockers you'd be thrilled to see....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Warbirds" - or stockers you'd be thrilled to see....

Originally posted by sierra fox View Post
    I've heard rumblings of Clay Lacy's purple Mustang "Miss Van Nuys" as a possible visitor for the 50th, whether she is a ramp static entry or a stocker class entrant, either way it would be sssooo cool!

Dawn patrol two ship with "Ole Yeller" on the ramp, perhaps
    I was just looking at this idea yesterday and here is the post to run with it. The japanese Kyushu J7W Shinden it had one 18 cyl radial pusher. Its top speed was 469mph on 2,130hp. Drop in a 3350 a la the bear.. Wow there is your winner

Comment

Never actually made that speed did it?

More of a paper-tiger/video-game coulda-been..

& how did the Northrop equivalent go..

Pusher & radial? Sorry, but not a good combo.. except for BBQ fans..

[ B-36 excepted.. after all, who wouldn't want one of them doing its best Al-overcast routine?..]
      Last edited by J.A.W.; 08-21-2013, 01:35 AM.

Comment

A sketch of some "stockers" led by the BEE... Thanks, KC

Comment

what ever became of the "clipped" wing A-26 Invader That took the "cloud dancer" name and race #9?.thought it was to appear at reno in 2011.anyone know?

Comment

After the TFL crew flew most of their fleet round the pylons this year I figured we're due to resume this chat!

Rod Lewis' Mosquito is hoped to fly before next Easter, so Reno 2018 could happen...

Originally posted by BuckyD View Post
            The Supermarine Mk47 Griffon mix-master Seafire flying out of Aspen, CO. (that was restored by Nelson Ezell in Breckenridge, TX a few years ago).
            YES! Watching videos of MA2 and PM on YouTube have made me really want to see the Seafire FR.47 at Reno. Could be a contender?

Originally posted by Chad Veich View Post
            Lavochkin La-11 (although technically not currently flyable I guess)
            I'm not sure about an La-11 as TFC has theirs unrestored, but as a few others mentioned Jerry Yagen's La-9 was a revelation to see fly and would be amazing around the pylons - essentially a Russian Bearcat or Sea Fury according to Ray Hanna. Id never heard or seen anything like it!
            Zac in NZ

Comment

Working...
            X