Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What race pilots do in their free time............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What race pilots do in their free time............

Stu Dawson getting to grips with a Spitfire I at Duxford's 'Flying Legends' airshow at the weekend.

Re: What race pilots do in their free time............

Originally posted by Mike51 View Post
    Stu Dawson getting to grips with a Spitfire I at Duxford's 'Flying Legends' airshow at the weekend.

Droooooool.....

Spitfires at Duxford. That's like a duck in water, right?

Comment

....nah, that's Daffy in a Mustang (Duck's Ford.get it? sorry, just couldn't resist)

Comment

Just the ten flying there between Friday and Sunday Brad, there would have been eleven if one of the BBMF ones hadn't had a brake failure somewhere else on Sunday morning, so didn't make it to Duxford.

Quite a big US contingent this year, with Hinton, Friedkin and Shipley flying their 'Horsemen' routine in Spitfires, and Stevo flying 'Princess Elizabeth' with great panache. Stevo said that they had the Mustangs really wound up for their tailchase routine, and that he saw a speed in excess of 380 as they ran in for the first pass. He also a very graciously offered to show a group of friends over 'Princess Elizabeth', taking time out of his busy schedule to show each of them over the cockpit individually. A true gent! He also mentioned that he was hoping to start flying 'Voodoo' in about 2 weeks time.

Comment

Just the ten flying there between Friday and Sunday Brad, there would have been eleven if one of the BBMF ones hadn't had a brake failure somewhere else on Sunday morning, so didn't make it to Duxford.

Quite a big US contingent this year, with Hinton, Friedkin and Shipley flying their 'Horsemen' routine in Spitfires, and Stevo flying 'Princess Elizabeth' with great panache. Stevo said that they had the Mustangs really wound up for their tailchase routine, and that he saw a speed in excess of 380 as they ran in for the first pass. He also a very graciously offered to show a group of friends over 'Princess Elizabeth', taking time out of his busy schedule to show each of them over the cockpit individually. A true gent! He also mentioned that he was hoping to start flying 'Voodoo' in about 2 weeks time.
          Alright....rub it in. I'll remember this come September!

Comment

with Hinton, Friedkin and Shipley flying their 'Horsemen' routine in Spitfires,

That sounds pretty special. That's some video I'm sure a lot of people would like to see.

GP

Comment

That definitely sounds epic... the Horsemen in Spitfires....
              Did you notice the Battle of France veteran sitting on the flightline? Hurrican P3351 is a battle of France and Russian front survivor that was restored for the now defunct Alpine Fighter Collection by Hawker Restorations and Air New Zealand. I got to sit in her and ride brakes putting her away for the night as a ramp rat at Warbirds over Wanaka in 2002
              race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Working...
              X