Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AAFO, Matt Jackson referenced in NCAR article

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Boy oh Boy Joseph, you said a big mouthful there!

"Our" hold on keeping the history of this sport going... I mean GOING, now... is more tenuousus than ever... If anyone is put off by all of this, and does not buy tickets because they think this isn't going to be "real" air racing.. THEY will be the losers. The rest of us will be there doing what we have as fans for decades... enjoying the ONLY true air racing in the entire world...

Obviously, a lot of folks read this site and what we post here, wouldn't it be better if the baseline, hard core fan site that we are spoke with a positive voice about this thing we hold so dear?

I do try to stay in the background as much as possible here but sometimes, I just gotta pull the pin and rant... ok... </rant>...

Your right...Sorry about that Wayne...Just want this sport left alone and anytime it seems threatened I panic like a scared cat...I promise to put on my positive thinking cap from now on ...

And to get back to some more "silly season" excitement...any body else heard any rumors such as this photo? (look closely)

I DID NOT MAKE THIS PHOTO I SAW IT ON SOMEONES FLICKER PAGE...I am sure its shopped
    Last edited by johnnyrace; 07-14-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Greetings all: PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE RGJ IS A DIRTY (democratic) RAG, THAT WILL TELL YOU WHAT
      THEY WANT YOU TO HEAR AND SEE. NOT NECESSARILY THE TRUTH, OR WHATS CORRECT.
      REMEMBER BACK A NUMBER OF YEARS AGO WHEN THEY LISTED EVERY MISTAKE BY EVERY RACE PILOT EVER
      DINGED BY THE F.A.A.??? BOY WAS THERE SOME YELLIN' THAT YEAR!
      HOW MANY OF YOU KNOW THAT MIKE HOUGHTON IS NOT A PILOT, AN AIRCRAFT OWNER, OR A MECHANIC?
      WHAT BUSINESS DOES HE REALLY HAVE RUNNING THIS SHOW? HE'S A BUSINESSMAN WITH AN INTREST, AND
      NOTHING MORE. PERHAPS ITS TIME FOR HIM TO STEP DOWN.
      THE PILOTS AND OWNERS WILL MAKE SURE THE SYSTEM WORKS FOR EVERYONE. THEY HAVE A TENDANCY TO
      TOSS THE POLITICS ASIDE TO FLY LOW, FAST, AND LEFT.
      LET'S TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND PREPARE FOR SOME PYLON AIR RACING. -57 DAYS AND COUNTING.
      FOCUS.TEAMWORK.SAFETY.SUCESS.
      ~GHOST

Comment

As long as unlimited air racing (or air racing in general) doesn't go the way APBA and H1 Unlimted did/has done to the unlimited hydroplanes. Which is the closest form of racing to compare with and where modern Reno racing got its roots from.

Comment

Being a registered democrat, I resent your reference to (dirty) regarding same. Not supporting RGJ, by any means but your post is just off the wall...

And, when you type in all caps on the Internet, it's a symbol for raising one's voice.. did you mean to yell at us?
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

OK, I am also appalled by the RGJ article. Hoping they are full of it. Most press is.

It seems odd to me that it indicates slower speeds associated with the more stock aircraft are expected (although I don't think many are dead stock anymore), yet Strega, Voodoo, Rare Bear and the like are registered to race? All have exceeded 500 mph at least straight line somewhere on the course if not for a full lap.

Of course if they were to go back to the previous method of measuring race speed (course distance), 500 mph might not be possible.

However, the jet class regularly exceeds 500. That's the class that I rarely video because I want to see what's coming at me. There have been way too may close calls around pylon 7-8 in that class, Crowding them closer together there isn't going to make it safer for anyone. I don't hear anyone talking about a speed limit in that class.

Lastly... I hang with a bunch of folks in the valley of speed, along the fenceline. They banded together and bought 25 acres so they (we) could get as close to the race course as possible. I miss the old days when you could actually stand ON the race course. I loved that ridge between 3 and 4. Every year I sign a waver (most likely worthless in court) and have told my family that if I'm killed watching the races I'll come back to haunt them if they suit.

I love this sport like no other, but it looks like the bureaucrats and attorneys are bent on killing it. Until we see the "new" rules, we won't really know what's up.

So Matt, I would love to see you get a win. I've been pulling for you since the Stiletto days. Have they addressed the ridiculous height and deadline limits around pylon 7 or haven't they. I realize this is probably an unfair question given you have registered to race this year and may not be able to say anything until RARA does.

I'm trying to remain positive, but this is giving me gas.
            Bill Garnett
            InterstellarDust
            Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrace View Post
              Your right...Sorry about that Wayne...Just want this sport left alone and anytime it seems threatened I panic like a scared cat...I promise to put on my positive thinking cap from now on ...

And to get back to some more "silly season" excitement...any body else heard any rumors such as this photo? (look closely)

I DID NOT MAKE THIS PHOTO I SAW IT ON SOMEONES FLICKER PAGE...I am sure its shopped
              It has all the hallmarks of shopped image, but i do remember that was bob buttons plan for voodoo a few years back, i did see a video on the old voodoo website where button explained what they were goin to do
              race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Kind of a divergance but the pic of Voodoo is 100% photoshopped. Pic is from Stead and we all know the plane hasn't been there in a coupla years.

This whole thing with RARA/RGJ/Unlimited division has really bummed me out. I put much more stock in what is being said by pilots like JCP than RGJ which has questionable reporting at best. And it seems like RARA is holding their cards very close and I can't help but wonder why.

Comment

Definitely photoshopped. The pic is at Reno, the underside of the wing is purple (yellow right now) and the boil-off steam exit is cropped from a Galloping Ghost photo. Fail
                  "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                  -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Indeed, that being said Wayne, Race Team, Aircraft, Race Fan, if you decide NOT to show, you have already LOST. Having had to spend an 'Unwanted' eight year hiatus, I was VERY happy to attend again and feel the 'Rush of Being There'. No pics, video, F/B posts, tweeters or any other form of media could take the place of the actual experience felt breathing the air and hearing the those 'Real' sounds. Don't get me wrong, the media has it's place in our world now, especially 'Liveairshowtv.com'. They bring the best 'live' and podcast reports available anywhere. Nothing can replace the experience of actually being at the Reno Air Races but they are the closest.

Think about it. This is the '50th Anniversary'.

Make your plans ASAP!

'Boss'

Comment

Originally posted by beachboss View Post
                      Indeed, that being said Wayne, Race Team, Aircraft, Race Fan, if you decide NOT to show, you have already LOST. Having had to spend an 'Unwanted' eight year hiatus, I was VERY happy to attend again and feel the 'Rush of Being There'. No pics, video, F/B posts, tweeters or any other form of media could take the place of the actual experience felt breathing the air and hearing the those 'Real' sounds. Don't get me wrong, the media has it's place in our world now, especially 'Liveairshowtv.com'. They bring the best 'live' and podcast reports available anywhere. Nothing can replace the experience of actually being at the Reno Air Races but they are the closest.

Think about it. This is the '50th Anniversary'.

Make your plans ASAP!

'Boss'
                      Well said indeed sir. I will be there with 24 guests in tow, our biggest year yet for attendees. Some of them have been following all of this and I keep telling them that they won't be disappointed once they get there, and I know that's the truth.

Keep the faith race fans. It will work out!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=GHOSTRIDER;111942]Greetings all: PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE RGJ IS A DIRTY (democratic) RAG, THAT WILL TELL YOU WHAT
                        THEY WANT YOU TO HEAR AND SEE. NOT NECESSARILY THE TRUTH, OR WHATS CORRECT.
                        REMEMBER BACK A NUMBER OF YEARS AGO .....

Your post is way outa line, I agree with Wayne.

Comment

Y'all check out Classic Wings Magazine in Facebook...their latest post is fairly informative
                          "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                          -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
                            Y'all check out Classic Wings Magazine in Facebook...their latest post is fairly informative
                            Good very good. From a reliable source as well. Lets go racin'!!!
                            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                              Good very good. From a reliable source as well. Lets go racin'!!!
                              The race is on and will be a balls out affair as always. If you think that the Gold racers would go to parade around the course you all are misinformed. I don't race anything part way. When I come down the chute it will be all I got for as long as it will last, win loose or draw. Its called a race not a tour. I go to Reno to win period, as all the other Gold Racers do. Lets not sell anyone short here.

Matt

Comment

Thank-you Matt... That's the spirit!

Comment

Working...
                                X