2013 "Silly Season" RELOADED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 "Silly Season" RELOADED

So let's do a quick recap of what we've heard so far for the Unlimited Gold Line-Up:

Race 5, Voodoo: "Stevo" at the stick, Kerch in the pit...could finally be 'the year" for one of the more snake-bitten Gold racers in recent history.

Race 7, Strega: Matt Jackson at the stick, still pulling in money for sponsorship...could the Unlimited Class VP get a victory?

Race 8, Dreadnought: If Dennis actually runs her, 450's all day...could place in money after waiting for blow-up's and oopsies up front.

Race 38, Precious Metal: Talk about midnight oil burning. Thom Richard has quite the drive to make PM legit...we've all seen the work going into her to clean the airframe up, and now the race engine parts are coming in...could it be the first Griffon Gold victory since the RB-51?

Race 77, Rare Bear: Amidst a load of drama and speculation, the World's Fastest Piston-Engined Aircraft is at Ezell Aviation in Texas, gettign a thorough rework to solve engine cylinder head overheating. Rumors have circulated that a cowl-mounted induction system might be in the works...let's just hope that,if this is true, that it doesn't follow the same fate as the first such system that contributed to a belly landing decades ago. And time will tell with a new crew working on one of (if not THE) most temperamental Gold racers in the group. Can anyone verify what's being done to the King Cat?

Race 86, Czech Mate: "The Giant Killer" is supposed to return with Smooter at the helm. Many rumors have circulated concerning what her new wing will yield as far as performance, reliability and airflow. More mods have been discussed as well...we'll have to wait and see if the little Yak will finally have the ability to pass the big boys this time, as opposed to just pushing them. Anyone know what else may be in the works?

Race 232, September Fury: Aside from a few ground run-up videos surfacing and a static appearance alongside Strega at the POF show this year, the World's Fastest Sea Fury camp has been silent. Anyone heard anything at all?

Possibles:

Race 11, Miss America: It appeared that the flying US flag got a bit tangled last year when Rare Bear & 2-3-2 passed her, giving Sawbones the opportunity to make a move. Can Brent Hisey keep her ahead of Curt Brown in her new arch-rival? And will Brent consider "Strega-ifying" the old girl in the future?

Race 71, Sawbones: Miss America walked away from the "stock" Sea Fury during Friday's Silver Heat last year, but got revenge in the Gold final, placing one spot ahead at 4th Place. Can Curt pull more upsets this year?

Honorable Mention for 2014:

Race 15, Furias: High hopes and big expectations were dashed when the big red racer crash landed after qualifying last year. Rumor is that she has a new owner that wants to race her in 2014. We'll have to wait...

Anyone with any news on these aircraft, feel free to share it. this is just what I have heard from the camps, true or not.

Happy Silly Season
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: 2013 "Silly Season" RELOADED

Last I heard on Furias was that it was sold to the owner of Miss Merced I believe? How long has it been since we have seen her. Exactly Do you mind sharing where you heard your info from? I would love to see my favorite race plane back.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I just had a mental image of Czech Mate passing someone for the lead and it gave me goosebumps.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
        I just had a mental image of Czech Mate passing someone for the lead and it gave me goosebumps.
        I had a mental image of this run-down of the unlimiteds echoing over the load speakers at Stead, but he forgot to say..."THE BAD BOYS OF AIR RACING" at the beginning and end

Comment

Originally posted by N22252 View Post
          but he forgot to say..."THE BAD BOYS OF AIR RACING" at the beginning and end
          Maybe we could swap him for Daryl Waltrip. Oops, never mind. Different words, same stupid.
          No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
          http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Is Czech Mate even going to be ready?
            Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
            X