2013 Rules Of Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Rules Of Competition

Can anyone else open the "Rules Of Competition" window at www.airrace.org under the "For Pilots" section?

I'd really like to view what the rules are for 2013 and maybe it's just my computer?

Thanks,
    JC

Re: 2013 Rules Of Competition

Hi JCP~

It's not your computer~I just tried on mine & the button is inop. Keynote obviously must be~"The 2013 Rules will be posted here when they have been finalized", so my guess is they're currently under the latest revision & soon forthcoming. (?)

DBD

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
      Can anyone else open the "Rules Of Competition" window at www.airrace.org under the "For Pilots" section?

I'd really like to view what the rules are for 2013 and maybe it's just my computer?

Thanks,
      JC
      Loooks like they are still working on them, last update was May.. The button still being there without a document linked to it is probably an oversight..
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

LOL.... Synchronized posting...
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Ya, I'm sure it's just a glitch.

Normally I'd just call the the President of our Unlimited Division for clarification but since that division no longer exists I guess I should just wait for the new leader of the "fastest motor sport in the world" to call me an explain where exactly we are at this Juncture.....by the way, can ANYONE tell me who that might be?

What's the Purse anyway? How are we distributing it? Where is the "promised" revised 250agl deviation rule that was promised to keep the "Unlimiteds" or "Warbird" racing guys willing to race?

By the way, has anyone given any thought as to why we have zero rules or prize money distributions published at this late date? Has ANYONE even seen the articles of incorporation that even sanctions this new class? I haven't.........

Why is there a need to now separate the "Unlimiteds" from the 'Warbirds"? seems a little strange given the fact that the 1964 races were basically run by stocker "Warbirds" . Are we now separating the basically stock "Warbirds" from the modified "Warbirds"? AKA new "Unlimited" class with separate rules and prize money distributions?

I'll bet it's all spelled out in the new "Rules Of Competition" that none of us seem to have access to........Or they are still trying to write.

Believe what you want, but I am no sheep.

JC

Comment

Normally I'd just call the the President of our Unlimited Division for clarification but since that division no longer exists I guess I should just wait for the new leader of the "fastest motor sport in the world" to call me an explain where exactly we are at this Juncture.....by the way, can ANYONE tell me who that might be?

What's the Purse anyway? How are we distributing it? Where is the "promised" revised 250agl deviation rule that was promised to keep the "Unlimiteds" or "Warbird" racing guys willing to race?

By the way, has anyone given any thought as to why we have zero rules or prize money distributions published at this late date? Has ANYONE even seen the articles of incorporation that even sanctions this new class? I haven't.........

Why is there a need to now separate the "Unlimiteds" from the 'Warbirds"? seems a little strange given the fact that the 1964 races were basically run by stocker "Warbirds" . Are we now separating the basically stock "Warbirds" from the modified "Warbirds"? AKA new "Unlimited" class with separate rules and prize money distributions?

I'll bet it's all spelled out in the new "Rules Of Competition" that none of us seem to have access to........Or they are still trying to write.

JC

Do I sense sarcasm?

Comment

JC
              Is the NAA even involved with this anymore? I thought all aviation sporting events in the USA had to have sanctioning. The former now gone NAG group was the body that acted as a conduit and handled that. Or had that changed since I stopped paying attention to the event.
              John Slack

Comment

Call Tiger he's the president.

Comment

Ya, I'm sure it's just a glitch....

JC
                  Nor Fool.

Comment

Baaaa
                    Russ
                    Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Still no active link to the "2013 Rules of Competition", does anyone have any idea as to when this will be posted??

Comment

Originally posted by Donald McMullin View Post
                        Still no active link to the "2013 Rules of Competition", does anyone have any idea as to when this will be posted??
                        I would imagine that this is something that however inconvenient it is for all involved, is still being developed. There was, after all, a pretty large "shakeup" in the way things work.

Again, as I've said before, NO ONE else in the world, ever, has been as successful in keeping the sport of Air Racing alive than those who are in charge now.

Also, again... it's apparent that this board is read by a lot of folks who just happen onto the information here via search engines or wherever.. Some of them are exposed for the very first time, not only to the information about Air Racing but to the fans... rabid as we might be .. I'd kind of like to hope that we could show them something of a unified front of confidence that we're going racing in September.. We know we are. All of the questions about the rules are valid but it does not seem to be a point that needs to be beaten to death. i.e. we all don't have to sign in with our doubts and questions... Sit back and watch.. The pilots, as well as RARA have been pretty forthcoming on what they can come forth with... I'm pretty sure that once the rules are decided on, we'll know about it pretty quickly...

Sorry Donald that I used your post to respond to many, I did not mean to single you out! It just came up next in line and I grabbed it for my response..
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

No worry I have a strong back, see you at Reno. Have a safe an enjoyable summer.
                          Last edited by Donald McMullin; 07-15-2013, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Draft rules just came out

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
                              PIC retains judgement without penalty.

Comment

Working...
                              X