New Update from RARA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Update from RARA

Just saw this posted on the RARA site. No mention of Strega but I'm sure its one of the upcoming "surprise" announcements.

Cheers!

Tyler

Re: New Update from RARA

Sure would be nice if they communicated to the racers directly... Most of us do not know anymore than what these press releases say.

We have not been contacted at all regarding rules of competition, purse amounts and distribution, or basic organizational requirements pertaining to flight planning. It seems this cluster F*#@k continues and maybe RARA is only talking to a few?

I have not received a single official statement from RARA and have received zero contact regarding the 2013 races. I know of at least 7-8 other racers in the same boat. Given the fact that I own three unlimited race numbers and unlimited racers on top of the other owners I speak of that have HAD ZERO communication from RARA, I would not bet on these chickens until the chickens have hatched.

This is beyond ridiculous. I really don't understand what the thinking here is.

JC

I guess I should divulge the fact that I know of many conversations RARA has had with my friends (other Unlimited Pilot/ Owners) in the Gold Division (hopefuls and "win or brake") and I hear a lot, all of it from the owners or racers directly. I wish RARA would communicate with the rest of us if they are interested in more than a 7 plane "hopeful" Race.

Press Releases and Fact are far from reality sometimes. This is a real stretch.
    Last edited by JCP; 07-03-2013, 11:07 PM.

Comment

JC makes a good point here. Most of us are just hoping things will get sorted out. However the racers and the fans need some real intel to plan the few months left. I am just one of many who will have to make expensive changes in my plans if this dosn't get sorted out.
      Keep up with the pushing JC or this could be the smallest race in history.
      MN

Comment

Even though Mike Nixon and I are friends, and I admire him and his knowledge more than words can say ( R.E.S.P.E.C.T.) .......... receiving this reply from Mike really is a testament to where we are (he would not say it if he did not mean it). We all want to race (SAFELY) as a united class.

I'm just say'in that there is zero communication between RARA and the rest of us 20 races... come on, what are you (RARA) asking us to be involved in? I would love to bring the 'BOISE BEE", "PARROTEAD', and "SNEAK ATTACK" to compete and race. BUT.... what rules are we racing for? What are the rules of competition and where are they published? What is the purse and distribution usually described under the rules of competition and defined in our now defunct "Unlimited Division"??

These are not petty questions by the racers. If these answers do not add up and are never answered, why would those of us that have much to lose choose to race?

The really weird part is that RARA is making optimistic statements that have no basis in fact according to my in formation.

Very strange at this late date.

JC
        Last edited by JCP; 07-04-2013, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Are you bringing all three of your planes?
          Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
            Are you bringing all three of your planes?
            Hi Samuel,

I see you are new here (or just started posting). May I ask who you are?

I'd love to bring all three of my planes and see ALL of the Unlimiteds on the ramp this year. I think my post was pretty clear though regarding the issues and obstacles at hand.

JC

Comment

RARA just released a new podcast. Still more questions than answers from Houghton. http://youtu.be/wTnaE2OPYhY

Comment

Sounds to me like things are shaping up to be one great year of Air Racing, can't wait.
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                  RARA just released a new podcast. Still more questions than answers from Houghton. http://youtu.be/wTnaE2OPYhY
                  GO RUBY!!!!
                  "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                    Sounds to me like things are shaping up to be one great year of Air Racing, can't wait.
                    Brian
                    Do you like watching Gladiator Movies Brian?

Comment

and what do you mean by that JCP? Yes I know the line from "Airplane" I'm a spectator and sounds to me like it's shaping up to be a great year, with record amount of airplanes in each class. I hope you and your airplanes are there.
                      Brian

Comment

And now for the real world. Go F1s with Phil in #69 "Knotty Girl" along with a cold one.
                        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                          and what do you mean by that JCP? Yes I know the line from "Airplane" I'm a spectator and sounds to me like it's shaping up to be a great year, with record amount of airplanes in each class. I hope you and your airplanes are there.
                          Brian
                          Hi Brian,

I was just kidding around. I meant no offense.

Thanks for understanding! I hope this is the best year we've had in a long time and I hope we're on the ramp in September.

JC

Comment

A question regarding the altitude restriction:
                            If I understand it correctly, the altitude limit is based on the trajectory of potential debris. Given the same speed, the higher the object, the farther it will travel. If the restriction is based on the UL Gold & Jet class speeds, wouldn't the altitude restriction be higher for the Silver and higher yet for the Bronze level A/C?
                            Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
                              Hi Samuel,

I see you are new here (or just started posting). May I ask who you are?

I'd love to bring all three of my planes and see ALL of the Unlimiteds on the ramp this year. I think my post was pretty clear though regarding the issues and obstacles at hand.

JC
                              Hey JC,

I am a nobody. Just a college kid who flies a C-150, enjoys wrenching on everything from a 32 Ford to a Twin Commander, and hopes someday to be involved with Reno more than just a "fan in the stands". BTW good joke on the jumbo screen, it should go well with the inverted P-40 race.

Sam
                              Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X