Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Precious Metal Flight Testing

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
    Man....Nixon really outdid himself this year!
    Sort of reminds me of a Merlin, all the "Small size makes it faster" and stuff.....

Comment

Add another squirrel and you just might have something there.
      I'll miss the avgas smell though and the replacement odor, blekch!
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

You guys are too funny!

Finished the high speed portion of the testing today. The two airspeed's showed 477 (analog) and 469 (digital) indicated, which translates to 520-525 TAS and a max of 7.0 G's (That was hard work!).

Flutter testing showed no issues at all. I used the "whack-the-stick-as-hard-as-you-can-with-a-rubber-mallet" method. Apparently the best way according to my test pilot friends.

I think we have proven the structural integrity of our mods, and the rest of the airplane, for that matter. Now it's time for engine work!

Comment

I'm hoping that the Airspeed was straight and level or better yet at 7 G's turning in a steep climb?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
            I'm hoping that the Airspeed was straight and level or better yet at 7 G's turning in a steep climb?
            haha..very funny Chris...

And Thom did say 'High Speed', not 'max speed'..

Congratulations Thom. Very exciting stuff!

- Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Thom Richard View Post
              You guys are too funny!

Finished the high speed portion of the testing today. The two airspeed's showed 477 (analog) and 469 (digital) indicated, which translates to 520-525 TAS and a max of 7.0 G's (That was hard work!).

Flutter testing showed no issues at all. I used the "whack-the-stick-as-hard-as-you-can-with-a-rubber-mallet" method. Apparently the best way according to my test pilot friends.

I think we have proven the structural integrity of our mods, and the rest of the airplane, for that matter. Now it's time for engine work!
              Thom, thanks again for sharing here! You are keeping the juices flowing in many ways! You guys pull this off and we may have to replace those Joey "da tri tip's" favorites with Roasted Crow in the banquet buffet line on Sunday....

I'll take pictures!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Thom Richard View Post
                That was the scariest part of flight testing my modifications. Your going over what somebody thought was a Vne and trying to excite flutter. I was glad when that flight was over and done with.
                Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Working...
                X