Jerry Yagen to sell ALL planes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Yagen to sell ALL planes!!

My wife just informed me via FB post she saw, that Jerry Yagen is selling ALL his planes. A discussion forum had talk of the Rod Lewis camp snappin them all up. The sale is due to personnal reasons. Can anyone out there confirm what the dealio is on this? If the planes are in fact going to Lewis, where in the heck is he going to put 70 planes plus all the other exhibits? Biggest question is where is the Wooden Wonder going to be??
    John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Re: Jerry Yagen to sell ALL planes!!

Originally posted by ArmyMP View Post
    My wife just informed me via FB post she saw, that Jerry Yagen is selling ALL his planes. A discussion forum had talk of the Rod Lewis camp snappin them all up. The sale is due to personnal reasons. Can anyone out there confirm what the dealio is on this? If the planes are in fact going to Lewis, where in the heck is he going to put 70 planes plus all the other exhibits? Biggest question is where is the Wooden Wonder going to be??

It is true that he is selling everything. No word on why. I have heard rumors that Rod has a deal wrapped up on the Mosquito, but just a rumor at this point.

Comment

Have known for two weeks and I also know the reason, which will come out soon.

Comment

B-17 & FW-190 to Jack Erickson, Mossie to Lewis, others also sold, but not at liberty to say what to to whom yet.

Comment

If Lewis bought the Mossie, I wonder if theirs a chance it might be a Reno this year.......I don't mean to race, but perhaps in the Heritage Show......would love to see it.
          Brian

Comment

Is that a flyable plane? The Military Aviation Museum refers to theirs as the only flyable example.
            No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
            http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Thanks for post, had tickets to go to Jerry Yagens show in May and canceled because of medical reasons. KC

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini View Post
                Is that a flyable plane? The Military Aviation Museum refers to theirs as the only flyable example.
                Really!? This has been one of the most covered restorations in years.

Comment

The Mosq is flying
                  It has at least 40 flights with our engines.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE NIXON View Post
                    The Mosq is flying
                    It has at least 40 flights with our engines.
                    Ah yes....I wonder what the fuel consumption rate would be on a pair of Allison-rod motors at 120 inches? Seems to me that at one point both Strega and Mangia Pane both had Mosquito blades up front.

Just sayin....

Comment

Originally posted by wccivil View Post
                      Really!? This has been one of the most covered restorations in years.
                      Sorry, I enjoy aviation but don't spend my life in mommy's basement following every discussion thread on the planet...like you.
                      No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Working...
                      X