Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Saftey Stand Down

Default Re: Unlimited Saftey Stand Down

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Haskin View Post
    So in essence, you have just confirmed that Big Jim is full of the same stuff as the what's in the bucket and the real fountain of all things Air Racing is John Slack????

Quote Originally Posted by al baby View Post
    So in essence, you have just confirmed that Big Jim is full of the same stuff as the what's in the bucket and the real fountain of all things Air Racing is John Slack????
    Little brothers....they tend to do that from time to time.

No, I think he was just reinforcing what I said with what BCIV said.

Quote Originally Posted by al baby View Post
    Weeeeeeellllllllllllllllll, that's one way to interpret it. Possibly quite true, depending on who ya ask, heh heh.

But, I was really just posting Slack's version since it reinforced Brad's post by going into more detail than what Brad wrote, and mostly I thought it was a funny (and sad) story. The rest of what Slack posted which I did not copy was also pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrodeu View Post
    Why did Willey Sanders quit racing?

Jarrod
    It was also because his wife was not allowed entry thru the pit gate.

Quote Originally Posted by N22252 View Post
    What Would Lyle Shelton Do?
    Well, It was my thought to read this and that was all, however after all the years of listening to Lyle regarding the issues between RARA and PRPA/NAG I can tell you that Lyle would stick with the NAG group observing their safety stand down. Lyle never would have supported any option that would make RARA both the promoter and the holder of the leash of the sanctioning body.
    John Slack

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    Because of the Reno Police Department hassling John Putman at Reno '89 over being allowed out on the ramp even though he had a wristband and the proper credentials.
    Sorry for the diversion, I had thought that Jerry Duty was responsible.

Jarrod

Well I think its time to get the Sani-Huts out. Pilots safety first.
    Lockheed Bob

Safety is number 1, but what I don't understand is evidently there's several, if not most of the unlimited guys joining the new organization so they can race in Sept. If it was such a safety issue, I would think no one would want to race....I'm sure there's happenings behind the scenes we don't know. All I know, is I hope everyone gets to race, and it's the safest races yet.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    He and Bob Love would sit in a meeting with Jerry Duty....who would tell them "I could buy a metal bucket, fill it with dog sh*t, and call it the first place trophy...and you guys would still race for it."

Oh, wait a minute....that happened already. Nevermind.
    OK I truly don't mean to single out anyone, you Big_Jim or anyone else.. I just grabbed th post to find a place to start.....

I really need you guys to take this back on topic, please, start your back and forth quips in another thread... This one was started by one of the main players in this story and funny little side posts just don't seem to fit

Thanks in advance.....
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=supercub;111423]Safety is number 1, but what I don't understand is evidently there's several, if not most of the unlimited guys joining the new organization so they can race in Sept. If it was such a safety issue, I would think no one would want to race....I'm sure there's happenings behind the scenes we don't know. All I know, is I hope everyone gets to race, and it's the safest races yet.
    Brian[/QUOTE

Please define most! I think you are misinformed on the actual numbers of people that have signed up. I think it is still the policy of this organization to represent the majorty concensus and that consensus says to stand down in the interest of safety. I can't be more plain then that. With all the false information going around time will certainly tell if we resolve the issues at hand. We have two months and a few days to remedy what we all agree is a serious concern.

Matt J