Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Saftey Stand Down

Default Re: Unlimited Saftey Stand Down

Quote Originally Posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
    It is getting out of hand. I need a cold one.
    HERE-HERE; I'm buyin'. It IS getting out of hand. I've attended for 40+ years and it was always with the knowledge that stuff happens and it's on me if something happens to me. Who knows better than the pilots what's safe? Support their wishes.

I'm curious if the last change to the dead line on east side of the course is a concern with some pilots. In some videos, from 2011 and 2012, I have noticed that after hitting turbulence going around pylons two and three the pilots have had to really pull hard to keep from violating the east dead line. I've also seen that happen when there three or more aircraft in that area with passing taking place (by a much faster plane).

Kevin

There should be 100% support for the Unlimited class decision to stand down. There is no way I and my family will attend if the FAA assholes don't back down on their foolish demands for the 250ft. hight limit.

RARA should be ashamed of their effort to work around this mess with a scab class.

Sincerely pissed at the FAA.

R.I.P. NCAR. You are dead. The FAA killed you.

Quote Originally Posted by planecrazy2 View Post
    There should be 100% support for the Unlimited class decision to stand down. There is no way I and my family will attend if the FAA assholes don't back down on their foolish demands for the 250ft. hight limit.

RARA should be ashamed of their effort to work around this mess with a scab class.

Sincerely pissed at the FAA.

R.I.P. NCAR. You are dead. The FAA killed you.

I agree completely with one exception, the FAA was just responding (correctly or not) to what was a random trajectory by 177. That is what killed NCAR.

What Would Lyle Shelton Do?

Quote Originally Posted by N22252 View Post
    What Would Lyle Shelton Do?
    He and Bob Love would sit in a meeting with Jerry Duty....who would tell them "I could buy a metal bucket, fill it with dog sh*t, and call it the first place trophy...and you guys would still race for it."

Oh, wait a minute....that happened already. Nevermind.

Cannot believe this is happening. I was just starting to plan to take the RV to the 50th and now this.

Guess I can take what I would have spent there and put it towards my own flying.

Disappointed beyond belief.

'Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    He and Bob Love would sit in a meeting with Jerry Duty....who would tell them "I could buy a metal bucket, fill it with dog sh*t, and call it the first place trophy...and you guys would still race for it."

Oh, wait a minute....that happened already. Nevermind.
    http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showt...5447#post35447

Quote Originally Posted by BellCobraIV View Post
    When Lyle and Bob Love as the Unlimited representatives of the PRPA went to Reno and met with Jerry in 1973 and early 1974 regarding prize money and other safety issue the meeting started going nowhere. Lyle and Bob told Jerry that the unlimiteds were going to stand down for Reno 1974 and not show. Jerry told Lyle and Bob that "Reno would find lots of guys with stock unlimiteds that would pay 600 dollars each to race for a bucket full of Sh*t, If the reno races just put the words winner on it."

Why did Willey Sanders quit racing?

Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by jarrodeu View Post
    Why did Willey Sanders quit racing?

Jarrod
    Because of the Reno Police Department hassling John Putman at Reno '89 over being allowed out on the ramp even though he had a wristband and the proper credentials.