Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Saftey Stand Down

Default Re: Unlimited Saftey Stand Down

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    OK Race fans I am happy to announce that an agreement has been reached. Unlimited Air Racing will return to Reno for its 50th year. The agreement was reached where the Unlimited Division has agreed that all its racers will join the new RARA Division. The transition will be a smooth transition as RARA has worked hard to maintain the high standards required for our race class. All our racers are looking forward to a great race and hope that all the fans previously discouraged will reconsider their commitment by participating and help supporting the new race organization. The transition has not come to pass easily. Tense negotiation was involved, so no stone was left unturned in regards to safety. You all have heard rumors of the altitude safety rule. We are now confident that our racers will have the latitude necessary to conduct a high energy race that has come to be expected in the fastest motor sport on earth. Good going racers and congrats to RARA for continuing its commitment to maintain our historical event.

Matt Jackson
    VP Unlimited Division
    Do you all here that sound? To the untrained ear it may sound like a collective sigh of relief........but really it's just me opening beer after beer after beer after beer.......................
    Last edited by PowerByPackard; 06-20-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerByPackard View Post
    Do you all here that sound? To the untrained ear it may sound like a collective sigh of relief........but really it's just me opening beer after beer after beer after beer.......................
    Hey, from this point on, our collective race fan energy needs to be targeted at getting butts in seats, and if not there, on Jeff Lee's liveairshowtv.com livecast from RENO NCAR..

Phew... what an intense 7-10 days these last few were!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Thank you Matt, RARA, and everyone else who negotiated, compromised, etc. to keep the dream alive. Time to make the reservations for September!

While I obviously don't know the particulars yet, so long as you say its all good, Matt, that's good enough for me. Thanks for all your work on this. I can't imagine the stress involved with being in your position. If I see you in the pits, I'd be honored to by you a cold one.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

I wonder if this post set the speed record 0 to 26,000 in 7 days LOL

I flew up to Vancouver last weekend to spend Father's Day with pops, when I used my sisters laptop to check my favorite site I say this thread and quickly got bummed out. Sure glad we all got a happy ending

Last edited by Desertdawg; 06-21-2013 at 10:03 AM.

So if everything is worked out Why do we need a new Class?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by jboomerman View Post
    My question as well. Sure interesting how quick out of the gate the dueling Unlimited 'safety stand down' and RARA 'announcing exciting new class' press releases were, and now other than one post, radio silence.

'Negotiation' suggests one or more parties gave/got something, really need more data to determine what this means to me as a fan and potential attendee.

'Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    OK Race fans I am happy to announce that an agreement has been reached. Unlimited Air Racing will return to Reno for its 50th year. The agreement was reached where the Unlimited Division has agreed that all its racers will join the new RARA Division. The transition will be a smooth transition as RARA has worked hard to maintain the high standards required for our race class. All our racers are looking forward to a great race and hope that all the fans previously discouraged will reconsider their commitment by participating and help supporting the new race organization. The transition has not come to pass easily. Tense negotiation was involved, so no stone was left unturned in regards to safety. You all have heard rumors of the altitude safety rule. We are now confident that our racers will have the latitude necessary to conduct a high energy race that has come to be expected in the fastest motor sport on earth. Good going racers and congrats to RARA for continuing its commitment to maintain our historical event.

Matt Jackson
    VP Unlimited Division
    GREAT NEWS!

Matt, Wayne, I'm so happy I could cry. Let's all pull together to make this the best ever year for the fiftieth.
    Roll on RENO 2013, Ron

Quote Originally Posted by jboomerman View Post

Because the unlimited racing as we have known it for the past 50 years is dying. People want a place to take their warbirds and fly low, and people want to see those things, but the days of the past are long gone.