Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Unlimited Saftey Stand Down

Default Re: Unlimited Saftey Stand Down

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Richard View Post
    JC,

Wanna trade a P-40 for a race Mustang? It's really pretty...

TR
    Oh no you don't!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Haskin View Post
    What are the arguments against moving the spectators to the inside of the course?
    Aside from flying operations, there are three major problems doing that.

1. Crowd logistics; moving tens of thousands of people back and forth across the ramp. Think how long that would take. You would need to build a tunnel, or close down flight ops for extended periods during the day.

2. The sun will be shinning in the crowd's eyes all day every day. Folks will want to leave early or come in late because of it.

3. Have you ever watched a NASCAR race from inside the track? Folks will only get to see a small portion of the races, and snapping your head back and forth all day gets wearing.

4. And like the Spanish Inquisition on Python, the fourth of my three reasons is the location of the pits and vendors (see number one above).

Quote Originally Posted by Magdrop View Post
    I would not attend the NHRA drag races if the Funny cars and Top fuel dragsters were eliminated by stupid regulations.
    I spend allot of $ to attend these races every year. If things don't change soon I'm out.
    No offense to the other classes but to be honest If drag racing didn't have nitro they would be done.
    Dam this pisses me off.............................
    Don't suppose you were one of the people who claimed you would boycott the races when they went to 1000ft were you? Regardless it's a bad analogy and here's why. Imagine if there weren't 1000's of drag strips across the nation (and the world in fact). Imagine if there was no NHRA, IHRA, FIM etc and there was only one drag racing event every year at Pomona and THAT WAS IT.

Are you telling me you wouldn't go to see the Pro Stocks, Super Mods, Top Alcohol Dragsters/FC's etc then? If so, more power to you.

Me, I'm a motorsports enthusiast through and through. I spend my vacations and free weekends and race tracks, be it F1, Touring Cars, WSBK, MotoGP, SX & MX, Vintage, Indycars, Grand-Am, etc. etc. I simply enjoy very much being at the races. It's my home away from home. Now I also very much enjoy flying & aviation so when you combine two of my very favorite things... it's pretty much the best thing ever!

Losing the Unlimited Class would suck for sure but IN NO WAY would it deter me from going to the only place in the world that people can still race airplanes head to head. This is a rare and precious thing that I really hope doesn't become extinct. Besides (and no offense to the Unlimited pilots here) the best racing is almost always in the slower classes... as it is with most other motorsports.

and to the fella that was thinking of going to CotA for F1. Went there for MotoGP this year. It's a great circuit but don't take an RV because their parking area for them is at the worst possible spot so you can't see squat if you want to hang out by the RV. Also not enough portopotties or water access. Then again it's still not truly finished so hopefully it will get better.

All I will say is this! There sure are a bunch of people prepping airplanes and spending money for something that isn't going to happen.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Unlimited Saftey Stand Down

OK Race fans I am happy to announce that an agreement has been reached. Unlimited Air Racing will return to Reno for its 50th year. The agreement was reached where the Unlimited Division has agreed that all its racers will join the new RARA Division. The transition will be a smooth transition as RARA has worked hard to maintain the high standards required for our race class. All our racers are looking forward to a great race and hope that all the fans previously discouraged will reconsider their commitment by participating and help supporting the new race organization. The transition has not come to pass easily. Tense negotiation was involved, so no stone was left unturned in regards to safety. You all have heard rumors of the altitude safety rule. We are now confident that our racers will have the latitude necessary to conduct a high energy race that has come to be expected in the fastest motor sport on earth. Good going racers and congrats to RARA for continuing its commitment to maintain our historical event.

Matt Jackson
    VP Unlimited Division

Thank you Matt and all who worked hard to resolve this.

Lets put this behind us and move forward.

Come on September.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post
    OK Race fans I am happy to announce that an agreement has been reached. Unlimited Air Racing will return to Reno for its 50th year. The agreement was reached where the Unlimited Division has agreed that all its racers will join the new RARA Division. The transition will be a smooth transition as RARA has worked hard to maintain the high standards required for our race class. All our racers are looking forward to a great race and hope that all the fans previously discouraged will reconsider their commitment by participating and help supporting the new race organization. The transition has not come to pass easily. Tense negotiation was involved, so no stone was left unturned in regards to safety. You all have heard rumors of the altitude safety rule. We are now confident that our racers will have the latitude necessary to conduct a high energy race that has come to be expected in the fastest motor sport on earth. Good going racers and congrats to RARA for continuing its commitment to maintain our historical event.

Matt Jackson
    VP Unlimited Division
    Does that mean you are bringing Strega?

Quote Originally Posted by Race5 View Post
    Last edited by Desertdawg; 06-20-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Race5 View Post
    ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jackson View Post

Matt Jackson
    VP Unlimited Division
    $hit Matt... you don't know how happy this makes me! The only thing what would make me happier would be to hear that you and your sponsor were able to get your deal going again and you, as a racer got a shot at your dream, and your sponsor got their shot at doing what they dreamed about...

All good Matt!

Thanks for posting here!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"