Post PRS Rumor and Truths....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post PRS Rumor and Truths....

Ok, so in all the digging and reading between the lines and connecting of dots I could do on multiple sites the top four pre PRS the rumors were:
    1) Strega to race at Reno 2013, Matt Jackson to be pilot, Tom Cruise paying the check.
    2) Voodoo to race at Reno 2013, Steve Hinton Jr to be pilot.
    3) Sherman Smoot to be at PRS in T-28, hopefully indicating intention to be racing Czech Mate come September.
    4) Clay Lacy's purple mustang to race at Reno 2013, obscure reference that Steve Hinton Sr. would be pilot

At PRS, Strega showed up with Tiger in it. Sherman did not?

Post PRS rumors and questions are:
    1) Strega 99% NOT going to make it, BUT Live Airshow TV has posted:
    "Mike Houghton, president and CEO of the Reno Air Races announced that the air race association and unlimited pilots are jointly starting a new organization called Warbird Unlimited Racing. Tiger Destefani will head this new organization. More to follow shortly."
    HUH?
    2) Voodoo and Steven? According to Live Airshow TV this IS a done deal.
    3) Anybody ask Tiger about Czech Mate?
    4) Any additional information regarding Clay Lacy's Mustang, and possible pilot?

Somebody had to be there that went in search of the truths????
    Last edited by glider90; 06-14-2013, 08:40 PM.

Re: Post PRS Rumor and Truths....

Glider... I stayed here but have spent a few hours on the phone with principals in the discussion.. stand by for more information than I feel qualified to divulge, from those who are closest to the issue.

I will say this.... This is a melt-down of the highest nature.... if nothing changes from where it is today, air racing as we know it is over..
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Post PRS Rumor and Truths....

Wow. Such news to come home to...

I must say, I'm with Matt, and the rest of the Unlimited pilots, who feel that if pressed, the altitude restrictions do make it very dangerous for our guys.

Hope and pray that there can be a resolution real soon!

- Joseph

Comment

Working...
      X