Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS

All,

Just a few more days until the biggest PRS in RARA's history!!!

I can't wait to see the pics rolling in from those of you that are lucky enough to go. We should get a few answers in the upcoming days, but I'm sure for every answer we get, another question will come out of it. The only way to figure it out????? Come see it for yourself in September!!! Counting down the days!

Thanks in advance to any of you that can share pics/updates, etc. Have fun and be safe!

Tyler

Re: PRS

Had a bunch of L-39's flying this weekend. Some nice 4 ship formations.
    I was hoping to see some arrivals fly over yesterday but our weather got nasty (thunderstorms) so nothing. Lots of smoke around from lightning-started fires now.
    Today is supposed to be thunderstorms on top of thunderstorms so I know I would be waiting to come in.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Lots of sport flyers today. I assume they were working on getting their FAST cards in preperation for PRS. Heavy thunder storm started about 14:00. On way back to Hotel local radiop station said power was out at Stead. Will post pictures when I figure how to get them off my camera and intp my ipad.

Comment

Pictures from PRS today.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Reno Box 77 View Post
          Pictures from PRS today.
          Thanks for the pics! Looks like we'll have quite a few new Sport entries this year. I'm hoping that a certain silver and blue Yak will be coming up that way some time today!

Thanks again!!!
          Last edited by PowerByPackard; 06-11-2013, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
            Thanks for the pics! Looks like we'll have quite a few new Sport entries this year. I'm hoping that a certain silver and blue Yak will be coming up that way some time today!

Thanks again!!!
            My understanding is that Sherman will be there in a T-28 to get re-certified. The Yak is still being built back up for September. Can anyone verify or update this?
            "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
            -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Well this was a couple weeks ago...
              Attached Files
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

That radial engined Pitts is pretty cool. I've seen it a couple times. I think it will be cool to both see and hear rounding the pylons. Its a unique and good looking plane.

Will

Comment

Strega just arrived at 11:50 a.m. Tiger flying...

Comment

Originally posted by jenMINI View Post
                    Um...WHAT?
                    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

I am sensing a whole lot of awesomeness going on here!!!!! Anyone......pictures.......please!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
                        I am sensing a whole lot of awesomeness going on here!!!!! Anyone......pictures.......please!!!!!!
                        https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf
                        -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Yep, Tiger flew Strega today. He did a low pass during a lull in the Sports Class practice and then landed. After landing, many people including the ramp media, greeted him. A fellow sitting under the wing of one of the jets asked me if it was Chuck Yeager. I explained who Tiger is and he said he could tell he was someone really important! The ramp crew parked Strega and Tiger remained on the ramp visiting with other pilots, including Curt Brown. Please keep in mind that Tiger flew Strega into Stead...I am not saying he will be racing Strega...

I took several pictures, however; I can't seem to upload them with my iPad. Sorry.

On a separate note, the British Racing Green and chrome Bi-Plane flew today with the Sports Class. As RAD2LTR said, it is a beautiful airplane and sounds really good, too! Can't wait to see it racing in September.

The Blue Angel Bearcat flew with Sparky, Lady Jo and Old' Yeller around noon. When they came down onto the course, the Bearcat stayed high, seems to have had some sort of a problem, and then safely landed. When it taxied by onto the ramp the engine was running and sounded fine. After all the planes landed the three Mustangs parked in a tight triangle for a photo op. I hope all you photographers at Stead get some great pictures to share!

Comment

Yep, Tiger flew Strega today. He did a low pass during a lull in the Sports Class practice and then landed. After landing, many people including the ramp media, greeted him. A fellow sitting under the wing of one of the jets asked me if it was Chuck Yeager. I explained who Tiger is and he said he could tell he was someone really important! The ramp crew parked Strega and Tiger remained on the ramp visiting with other pilots, including Curt Brown. Please keep in mind that Tiger flew Strega into Stead...I am not saying he will be racing Strega...

I took several pictures, however; I can't seem to upload them with my iPad. Sorry.

Don't forget that Tiger typically gives talks and coaches unlimited pilots during the ground sessions...

Michael

Comment

Hearing jets 99 and 777 had a non-fatal midair. Be careful out there guys, we don;t need that ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X