Round Engines 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Engines 2013

Love hearing the rumors swirling on Strega, Voodoo, etc. Any news brewing in the round engine department?
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Re: Round Engines 2013

Sure wish we would see Spirit of Texas and Fury back on the ramp this year. I love those big Sea Furies!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Adkins View Post
      Sure wish we would see Spirit of Texas and Fury back on the ramp this year. I love those big Sea Furies!
      Last I heard was that Spirit of Texas was flying again and may be making an appearance in Reno this year. I would certainly like to see her out there as well.

Sawbones will be there according to their web site.

Joe T. may also be coming back this year, but if he does I'm not sure whether he will be bringing Seahawk or Crusader.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
        Last I heard was that Spirit of Texas was flying again and may be making an appearance in Reno this year. I would certainly like to see her out there as well.

Sawbones will be there according to their web site.

Joe T. may also be coming back this year, but if he does I'm not sure whether he will be bringing Seahawk or Crusader.
        Wasn't it always flying but was sold to some guy in Australia or something??
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
          Wasn't it always flying but was sold to some guy in Australia or something??
          Could be wrong but I don't think Spirit of Texas has been sold. I know they had some engine problems but as of Reno last year I thought it was back in the air again or getting really close.

The only Reno Sea Fury that I remember being sold somewhat recently is Riff Raff and I believe it went somewhere in Europe. That was a bummer too because they had just finished that paint job and it looked gooooooooooood!!! Miss seeing her in Reno.
          Last edited by PowerByPackard; 06-05-2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Yes, Spirit of Texas is flying per the Ezell Aviation FB page - as the May 17 photo caption states "Stewart Dawson taking his baby up for a spin".

I believe iit was Steadfast that went to Australia, and I know that Riff Raff in now in Europe somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Adkins View Post
              Yes, Spirit of Texas is flying per the Ezell Aviation FB page - as the May 17 photo caption states "Stewart Dawson taking his baby up for a spin".

I believe iit was Steadfast that went to Australia, and I know that Riff Raff in now in Europe somewhere.
              Riff Raff is in Belgium.

Comment

FURIAS!

I know, I know.

Sad.

Comment

Anyone have news on The World's Fastest Sea Fury?
                  "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                  -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
                    Anyone have news on The World's Fastest Sea Fury?
                    Everything I've seen indicates that 232 will be there.

Comment

I would really like to see Miss Merced going around the pylons again. I like the "civilian" paint schemes on warbirds and think this was one the best.

Comment

Working...
                      X