Dago Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dago Red

Kind of funny that someone found that ity bity trim tab but that no one found the PM clam shell door.

Comment

I just love the way that checkered rudder looks on there....sure would look better without all that kelp, though. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by MRE View Post
        Kind of funny that someone found that ity bity trim tab but that no one found the PM clam shell door.
        Funny, as I was typing that post, I was thinking that very same thing.

SA

Comment

Originally posted by invader28 View Post
          Thanks for posting Samuel!!
          Your welcome!
          Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Smee Again View Post
            Funny, as I was typing that post, I was thinking that very same thing.

SA
            Oh, somebody found it alright. Otherwise we would have found it. There's no way we couldn't have found it. I'm convinced of that.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
              Oh, somebody found it alright. Otherwise we would have found it. There's no way we couldn't have found it. I'm convinced of that.
              Of course. I'm pretty sure MRE and I were inferring the same sarcasm. Someone likely has it hanging in the man-cave, right next to the hood from a Jeff Gordon NASCAR and Jimmy Hoffa's pinky ring.

SA

Comment

Of course. I'm pretty sure MRE and I were inferring the same sarcasm. Someone likely has it hanging in the man-cave, right next to the hood from a Jeff Gordon NASCAR and Jimmy Hoffa's pinky ring.

SA
                I think a Jeff Gordon fan would have done the right thing. A Dale Earnhardt fan though...

My theory is that somebody outside the fences saw it hit the ground and went for it. Within an hour, it was gone.

Comment

Just to stay on topic ( ), Dago has always been my personal favorite. Those 500+ laps were so beautiful...

Comment

Dan lost the rudder trim tab during Friday's heat race, and despite the tab being found and returned to us in the pits, the rudder was no longer useable. So, up stepped one of the kindest, most generous men you're ever likely to meet, Mr. Ted Contri. Ted was kind enough to let us borrow the rudder from his Carson City-based Sizzlin' Liz to keep us racing through the weekend, and thus the red and white checkerboard was added. Thanks again, Ted! A true gentleman!

SA
                    Smee Again,
                    I couldn't agree more concerning Mr. Contri! I have known Ted since I was a little kid, getting my first ride in Sizzlin Liz when I was around 9 or 10. Ted is the kind of guy that would do anything for you. I've seen him grab linemen here at our Elko airport and take them to the local Basque restaurant for lunch. He's has a huge heart, so it is no surprise to those of us that know him, that he loaned Dago his rudder off of Liz.
                    Thanks for sharing the info

James

Comment

shawn
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sweet photo, Shawn. Dago never looked better than this, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
                          Sweet photo, Shawn. Dago never looked better than this, in my opinion.
                          I'll toss in that '85 was the best 'looking' year. It still had the wing stripes with the polished leading edges and just the right amount of sponsor logos. It looked like a racer was supposed to look.

Comment

Working...
                          X