• Show
Clear All

• Dago Red

I surely do miss this airplane...

Re: Dago Red

It's been around for a long time ...

Comment

Don't forget this was "Tigers" to start with.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Not exactly...

Tiger was a piece of the Dago puzzle, but it was a big puzzle. There were a number of players. The airplane was not built in Bakersfield.

Neal

Comment

Still my personal favorite, I particularly wish Dan Martin, Sparrow, and company had had the time to take the airplane back to the front. I think they would have had a championship or two, given time to develop their approach with the airframe.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
            It's been around for a long time ...

One of the great all-time paint schemes. Second only to Strega, of course.

Thanks for the pics Neal. I miss the airplane as well...
            Mark Johnson
            Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

I agree Mark -- I've always loved the bold but simple paint schemes. This was one of the best.
              It looked good from any angle...

Comment

And I totally agree with Magnum. After all that work and considerable heartache, they were really getting that program dialed in. I certainly thought a Championship was within reach. Then the trucks arrived to haul the airplane away...

Comment

All that potential -- just wasted...

Comment

Neal,

Thanks for starting this post, x 2 on missing Dago.

Bought us years of memories, the chants "Dago Dago Dago" are still clear in my head :-)

One my favorite long sleeve shirts is my Dago Red with flames on the sleeves. Still in great shape and only worn on special occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                      And I totally agree with Magnum. After all that work and considerable heartache, they were really getting that program dialed in. I certainly thought a Championship was within reach. Then the trucks arrived to haul the airplane away...

Dago and September Fury's wings both look so incredible here. Very impressive designs on both planes
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                        One my favorite long sleeve shirts is my DAG Red with flames on the sleeves. Still in great shape and only worn on special occasions.
                        I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I ALWAYS wore mine, it was SO comfortable, I even slept in it... It's now in tatters, sleeves almost non-existant... Beer Nazi really would like it if it disappeared.. OVER MY DEAD BODY!!

GOOOO DAGO!!
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally Posted by wingman

Somewhere I have a pic or two of it going out the gate that day..... don't really even know why I took them, that was not a good day.

Comment

Maybe this'll cheer you up a little, Sparrow...
                            Attached Files
                            Scotty G

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
                              Somewhere I have a pic or two of it going out the gate that day..... don't really even know why I took them, that was not a good day.
                              I feel gut-punched just reading this thread... Can't even imagine how you guys felt.

Comment

Working...
                              X