Thread: Does anyone have any info on the Gulfhawk IV replica?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Does anyone have any info on the Gulfhawk IV replica?

About 3 years ago or so I remember seeing somewhere that someone was in the process of rebuilding the Gulfhawk IV Bearcat replica that had crash landed several years earlier in Oshkosh. Do any of you know if that project was ever finished? It's amazing how little info there is on this plane, or even just the Gulfhawk IV in general...usually the internet has endless amounts of info on any subject, but not for this plane. There is almost no info for the G-58A, and the only thing I could find on the replica was a 3 year old discussion in some forum. There's quite a bit of info available on Gulfhawk II, but next to nothing on the Bearcat version....

Default Re: Does anyone have any info on the Gulfhawk IV replica?

The last info I heard was that it is owned by Steve Hinton and being restored to stock (i.e. second seat removed).
    Subject to revision if anyone knows more, or better info.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    The last info I heard was that it is owned by Steve Hinton and being restored to stock (i.e. second seat removed).
    Subject to revision if anyone knows more, or better info.
    Stock as in the Gulfhawk version, or the combat version? There's a huge difference....

I saw it at Chino last month...it is still a LONG ways from flying. It was stuffed in a hanger behind a few other planes. It's on it's gear, but there is nothing forward of the firewall, no tail, no control surfaces on the wings, no canopy, no paint, no nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    I saw it at Chino last month...it is still a LONG ways from flying. It was stuffed in a hanger behind a few other planes. It's on it's gear, but there is nothing forward of the firewall, no tail, no control surfaces on the wings, no canopy, no paint, no nothing.
    That's how it looked 3 years ago...must not be working on it...

The little mention of it attached to a picture (may have been Air classics or on-line I don't remember) was just that the seat was to be eliminated and it taken back to "stock". It looked in the picture like described above.
    Personally I would love to see the Gulfhawk paint on it again as I always thought it a neat scheme. Not my toy though.