Voodoo's return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voodoo's return

Why would it seem so strange for Voodoo to return with Strega out? It would certainly increase the chances of Voodoo finally winning a race. I can ssure you there is not one racer out there that would give up a win, because they had no competition. Its just not the way it is. Its nice to think that a true competitor would not race unless he had competition. Racers will take a win anyway they can. The old saying is "I'll take a win, even if its in the pits. Nice thought though.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Guy View Post
      Why would it seem so strange for Voodoo to return with Strega out? It would certainly increase the chances of Voodoo finally winning a race. I can ssure you there is not one racer out there that would give up a win, because they had no competition. Its just not the way it is. Its nice to think that a true competitor would not race unless he had competition. Racers will take a win anyway they can. The old saying is "I'll take a win, even if its in the pits. Nice thought though.
      You're missing my point; If Button or anyone else wants to campaign Voodoo this year, they're not going to do so based on whether or not Strega will be there. They will be there because they want to race. "Taking a win, even if its in the pits" still requires you to show up.

Following that line of thought, all but the top 3 or 4 contenders in each class should just stay home. I'm sure the bipe guys are thinking "If Aberle's going to be here, I'm staying home".

Don't get me wrong, Voodoo is my favorite inline and I would love nothing more than to see them on the ramp this year.
      Sky Critter

Comment

The 50th year in any motor sport is a huge milestone. If I were an event organizer I would have been working on plans years a go to make sure every flying and potential flyers from the last 50 years could participate. 50 only happens once lets hope it will be a memorable one.

Comment

Originally posted by invader28 View Post
          The 50th year in any motor sport is a huge milestone. If I were an event organizer I would have been working on plans years a go to make sure every flying and potential flyers from the last 50 years could participate. 50 only happens once lets hope it will be a memorable one.
          Not intending to be a smart ass... but this is exactly what RARA has done. How else would we be celebrating the 50th? No one else on this planet has accomplished what this "organizer" has... and that deserves a huge pat on the back.

Just sayin' Thanks RARA!

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
            But Strega will be there.
            Yes, it will... On display... In a hanger...

Wall fly rumor:

gnatsuM der a htiw eno emos ot dlos neeb sah rotom rcaR
            http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
            http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

So, you're saying that Nixon is building them a new race motor?
              Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                Not intending to be a smart ass... but this is exactly what RARA has done. How else would we be celebrating the 50th? No one else on this planet has accomplished what this "organizer" has... and that deserves a huge pat on the back.

Just sayin' Thanks RARA!

Yes. RARA has done an excellent job, just can't wait to see how the 50th is celebrated!!

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer View Post
                  Yes, it will... On display... In a hanger...

Wall fly rumor:

gnatsuM der a htiw eno emos ot dlos neeb sah rotom rcaR
                  I did not know a Merlin would fit in a 5.0.

Comment

I have a friend with a Datsun 240Z with a blown 454 in it, street legal, so anything is possible...
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                      I have a friend with a Datsun 240Z with a blown 454 in it, street legal, so anything is possible...
                      Dang!

Got any pics Leo? I'd like to see that one..

How does he keep the back end from trying to pass the front?
                      Mark Johnson
                      Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Dago team bought an engine huh?

Now thats news

Comment

Originally posted by De Camara View Post
                          Dago team bought an engine huh?

Now thats news
                          And here I thought the 'red Mustang' was an indication that the Beck/Modes Candy Man was coming back in style...since it can get it's old race number back again.

Comment

A few thoughts:
                            The fat lady hasn't sung yet! ( is it legal to say that?)
                            The only team I will build a race engine for is Strega, Tiger, Stevo and LD. When that is over, I am done. What we have done oveer the last few years has been great and the engine shop did not carve up any restorable engines.
                            It would be interesting to see what the next round of improvments would lead to but I don't see it happening.
                            I belive this will be the first re-union tour of the Strega dream team. Its an all or nothing team and we will get it together for the 50th show at Reno.
                            and then......
                            MN

Comment

Three of the four who make Strega go!

Comment

Am I missing something, or does that sound like Strega will be at Reno this year racing?

Comment

Working...
                                X