Voodoo's return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voodoo's return

Stevo would make an excellent choice for piloting Voodoo but, my guess is that he'll be driving Dred this year. Will Whiteside would be the obvious choice for Voodoo since he's only set to race in the Sport Class this year (so far)...
    Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
      Actually, Mr. Brown did in fact race Voodoo in '04.

Attempted to race Strega in '05, didn't get Qualified.

- Joseph
      Thanks for the correction.

Kevin

Comment

Well this is what I do know, there has been no activity what so ever on Voodoos website since Bob Button announced it's retirement in writing after the 2011 races, the aircraft is still listed for sale on Bob Hannahs aviation website, also there is a individual on Voodoos fan club FB page claiming that they work at the same airport and are claiming that Voodoo was taken apart and being removed from the hanger, as you all know internet info can be accurate or inaccurate or out right BS so don't shoot the messenger just letting you all know what I have come up with in some of my research of the matter.

Comment

And Czech Mate is racing this year too so I wonder who will pilot that? Probably Smoot still..?
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by MARK SHANE View Post
            Well this is what I do know, there has been no activity what so ever on Voodoos website since Bob Button announced it's retirement in writing after the 2011 races, the aircraft is still listed for sale on Bob Hannahs aviation website, also there is a individual on Voodoos fan club FB page claiming that they work at the same airport and are claiming that Voodoo was taken apart and being removed from the hanger, as you all know internet info can be accurate or inaccurate or out right BS so don't shoot the messenger just letting you all know what I have come up with in some of my research of the matter.
            Maybe one of the Voodoo team could chime in and verify what is actually going on with Voodoo. Perhaps their crew chief, I forgot his name, or the engine builder, I think his name is Hovey, could say a few words about what is happening. The owner Mr. Button was on his web site at one time not too long ago giving monthly updates. This old guy would like to know, so I could make my planes to attend what might be my last Reno. In regards to nothing being done and the plane being disassembled. I don't believe that is the case as I know what I saw and heard from one of their crew members that day at the airport. Silence can sometime be a good admission to the fact that they plan on attending. What better way to win this year than have Strega out of the way and show up with the second place airplane and back into a win. Not a bad plan if you think about it. Good for them. Mr. Button needs a win for all the hundreds of thousands of dollars he has spent over the years and never finished better than 3rd. He has been a real racer at heart for years now. It would be nice to see him win once.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Guy View Post
              Maybe one of the Voodoo team could chime in and verify what is actually going on with Voodoo. Perhaps their crew chief, I forgot his name, or the engine builder, I think his name is Hovey, could say a few words about what is happening. The owner Mr. Button was on his web site at one time not too long ago giving monthly updates. This old guy would like to know, so I could make my planes to attend what might be my last Reno. In regards to nothing being done and the plane being disassembled. I don't believe that is the case as I know what I saw and heard from one of their crew members that day at the airport. Silence can sometime be a good admission to the fact that they plan on attending. What better way to win this year than have Strega out of the way and show up with the second place airplane and back into a win. Not a bad plan if you think about it. Good for them. Mr. Button needs a win for all the hundreds of thousands of dollars he has spent over the years and never finished better than 3rd. He has been a real racer at heart for years now. It would be nice to see him win once.
              We will see what happens. There is so much going on right now with several programs. All with surprises than you can shake a stick at. I think the next month is going to have all kinds of twists and turns.

Comment

I think Bob, Will and crew would prefer a win against a strong and healthy field, as would most of the other teams. Beat them outright or push them til they break.
                Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                  I think Bob, Will and crew would prefer a win against a strong and healthy field, as would most of the other teams. Beat them outright or push them til they break.
                  Ideally, that's the way a racer thinks and feels, but.....you take a win when and how ever you can. EVERY time. You're not responsible for the other guy.

You think Burnstine or Lefty didn't want it when they won in stockers because of the misfortunes of the other guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                    Ideally, that's the way a racer thinks and feels, but.....you take a win when and how ever you can. EVERY time. You're not responsible for the other guy.

You think Burnstine or Lefty didn't want it when they won in stockers because of the misfortunes of the other guys?
                    Jim, I totally agree with you. My comment was in response to "Old Guy's" remark about Voodoo showing up because Strega was "out of the way". I seriously doubt that any race team would base their plans to attend or not on what competition was going to be there.
                    Sky Critter

Comment

But Strega will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                        Don't count on it unless I've been given false info straight from the source...
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                          Maybe the witch will win the other trophy... National Aviation Heritage Invitational

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                            Don't count on it unless I've been given false info straight from the source...
                            Not so much false information. Perhaps just misleading information.

Here's hoping, right? Would love to see Voodoo there as well. If nothing else its fun to think about!

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
                              Not so much false information. Perhaps just misleading information.
                              Exactly!

Comment

C'mon,
                                You guys are forgetting all about Dago!

Comment

Working...
                                X