Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - Frank Sanders '63 Bakersfield drag races.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT - Frank Sanders '63 Bakersfield drag races.

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
    The Dago Dragster team was sold to Dan Pastorini in or around 1984. He couldn't fit in the car so he kept the transporter and support equipment and the car was sold to Eddie Hill. I don't know what Eddie did with the car.
    No kidding? I also grew up around drag boats so Eddie Hill, the Texan, to me, was a Top Fuel Hydro pilot. He just moved to land one day.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
      No kidding? I also grew up around drag boats so Eddie Hill, the Texan, to me, was a Top Fuel Hydro pilot. He just moved to land one day.
      Yeah, Edie and his wife are awesome people. My grandparents lived near them in Wichita Falls and my first motorcycle came from his shop. I worked with his long time crew chief Fuzzy Carter (not on the cars or boats) and was lucky enough to be their guests at several national events in Dallas and Houston over the years.

Comment

To "drag" this further off topic, my dad and I built a drag boat in the early 70's. 16' fiberglass over wood, 401 Buick powered, did 80 in the quarter.
        The guy that helped us set up the drivetrain was Ron Campanelli, builder of the top two top fuel boats of the time, "Lickety Split" and "Down N' Out" His driver was a guy name "Hay" Bale. Pretty cool stuff to be around at the time.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Weeeee! Thanks for letting us babble, Wayne.

Me, the little kid. Circa '77. The flat in the background was my uncle's Hallett Barron Sprint. The one just beyond it was its sister ship, owned by a close friend of the family. Two of the the nicest flats on the lake. Both built by Sunny Jones.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Fence Sence; 05-02-2013, 09:13 PM.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
          X