Collings Foundation ME262 Barely an Incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collings Foundation ME262 Barely an Incident

Newstards as usual posted uninformed BS about a crash on takeoff (Not even close)

Got the below statement from the Collings Foundation off of Facebook:

"You might see some infomation regarding the Me 262:
    I would like to take the opportunity to correct some of the information in the press release and add some facts regarding the incident at Midland Airport.

The Me 262 operated by the Collings Foundation was not involved in a crash. The aircraft did not have the rear canopy properly secured by the pilot occupying the rear seat. This was an oversight caused by his closing the canopy early due to wind and cold temperatures while securing himself in the aircraft. Due to the latch not being secured the rear canopy did depart the aircraft on takeoff. The pilot in command aborted the takeoff and the aircraft never left the ground. The aircraft has no damage aside of superficial damage to the canopy and a scratch on the fuselage. Both pilots are uninjured.

Again it is important to stress that this was not a crash, but an incident involving a canopy departing the aircraft while it was still on the ground.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Rob Collings"
Working...
X