Kermit Weeks Napier Sabre hot-rod?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kermit Weeks Napier Sabre hot-rod?.

A diminutive Scotsman had a go at maxing out a Tempest downhill, & found it a bit of a handful..
    As those tough Kiwi combat fliers reckoned..
    ..the big ol' Tempest - took a bit of muscle - to get the best from it..

Comment

Those tough Kiwi 2nd TAF combat pilots certainly used Tempest performance attributes to the max..

This is what R.Beamont.. [who was a combat wing leader - as well as test pilot],

..had to say about 486 [NZ] Squadron..

"...an exuberant bunch of New Zealanders with a brilliant record on Typhoons & a rather
      casual approach to [as I was soon to find out] King's Regulations & Air Council instructions -
      & to 'Pommy Bastard' Wing Leaders"..

Comment

Sad news from N.Z...

The owners of the Centaurus-Tempest undergoing resto' by Pioneer Aviation - were recently killed in an air-crash.

Pioneer are hoping to be able to garner support - via starting up a syndicate - to complete the project..

& some better news..

A [partial] set of Napier Sabre service tools have turned up.. & for sale..

Last edited by J.A.W.; 08-22-2013, 02:32 AM.

Comment

How's this for a bold advert.. " I'll take 5 thanks,-put 'em on my plastic.."

Comment

Originally posted by J.A.W. View Post
            Sad news from N.Z...

The owners of the Centaurus-Tempest undergoing resto' by Pioneer Aviation - were recently killed in an air-crash.

Pioneer are hoping to be able to garner support - via starting up a syndicate - to complete the project.
            'The cursed Tempest'.

Since this aircraft was recovered from India, two owners have died from natural causes, one in a car crash, one murdered, and now one in a flying accident.

I think I'll pass on this one, thanks all the same!

Comment

Oh no, not the 'curse of the Maharajahs'.. could it be like the 'curse of Montezuma'?

Who knows, maybe K.W. himself will step up, & re-engine it with one of his Sabres?

The Kiwi mob could get 2 Sabre-Tempests flying for him..

[ Although it'd be safer perhaps, to get some Sabre flight time in a Fury airframe 1st..]

Last edited by J.A.W.; 08-24-2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X