Toot my own horn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toot my own horn...

Utterly amazing models Jim; they deserve to be on display like that.

Have you had a chance to work with any of the Fisher racer kits? I'd love to build their Voodoo (as Strega) and the Red Baron if I could find (and afford!) them.

Comment

Originally posted by CanIFlyIt View Post
      Utterly amazing models Jim; they deserve to be on display like that.

Have you had a chance to work with any of the Fisher racer kits? I'd love to build their Voodoo (as Strega) and the Red Baron if I could find (and afford!) them.
      Thank you. All the models in the museum were done twenty + years ago, and as I said I'd love a chance to re-do some of them again.

The 1/32 RB-51 at the bottom of the previous page started life as the Fisher kit. I have jokingly referred to it as my $250 'starter kit', because I had to modify it quite a bit to change it from the '79 "Michelob Light" version to the 1976 Mojave version. There are a lot of 'little but basic' flaws to the kit as it is molded--and that is not a slam to Paul Fisher at all...on the contrary, Paul has been very helpful with extra parts and such as I was building this kit--so there was a lot of stuff that needed to be changed and corrected. Took me almost a year and a half to construct.

But it really is a great kit to work with. The run is sold out, but if I find another one I want to do the 1975 version with the short tail and the big 'slab' ventral fin.

Comment

The 1/32 Strega model is one of the first ones I gave to the Museum...it's the 1989 version, of which I had the picture taken with Tiger at Reno '90. I would love the opportunity to do that one over again, as I really didn't know what I was doing. But it's all hand-painted.

My 'redux' is the same kit in the 2009 version that I'm working on right now for Missleer...and which I promise to have done for Reno this year.
        Attached Files

Comment

A couple more shots of Brad's Strega model from Reno '90...

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
            A couple more shots of Brad's Strega model from Reno '90...

That's funny, bro...I forgot you took those.

Comment

Great shots. That last one is neat.

I assume everyone's already seen these?

Strega model

RB-51 Red Baron

Comment

Working...
              X