Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hangar Racing 2013 - Your Reno Air Races Predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hangar Racing 2013 - Your Reno Air Races Predictions?

you are all full of it!

sani hut shows up and shows everybody how it is done with a 515 MPH record run!!!!!!
    bob burns
    ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
    "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Originally posted by xmh53wrench View Post
      Ya just gave me the chills
      Same here!

Hey, we can all hope can't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
        Strega- Will show up and LD will owe me a night of drinking Whiskey for lying to me.

Precious Metal-Will fight hard with Strega and Thom will give her an extra 20 inches on the last lap to give fans the closest finish in years. So much so that it takes RARA three weeks to declare a winner. A Griffon wins Reno for the first time in over 30 years by a spinner rivet.

Bear- Right on first and seconds ass

232-Right on first and seconds ass

Buick- Toe to toe with Race 86, but on the last lap Smooter gives the scooter all she has and end's up right next to 77 and 232 in a close race for 2nd. Smoot takes it and Hoot and Stew both ask the same question "where the hell did he come from"?!
        I like the way you think! Spinner rivets? Damn...better grind those suckers down and fill any gaps so they are smooth enough to match the rest of the mods....! Wouldn't want them making dirty air over the strakes and scoop mods would ya....?

Comment

Nice Wild Bill! THAT would be the best race of the last 50 years.

Strega, if she comes to race I have to give it to her. I'm not a rabid Strega fan (like some Dago people) but face it, at this time in racing history that program, airplane and pilot are pretty hard to beat.

Rare Bear , duking it out with 232 if Bear stays alive and stays fast.

232, duking it out with Rare Bear. 232 has been known to break too!

PM, plugging along at consistent high speeds waiting for a chance. IF the mods bring it up to the front runners it could be the big spoiler. I know I'll be rooting!

CM, right there with PM. Always had the potential to slip into the front given a chance (no Strega).

Dread will be her standard 450-460 and place behind anyone faster than that...

I still hope for the day that Sparky ends up in front by a nose because of drop-outs, etc. Kinda like Miss Suzy Q.
          Go Sparky!
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
            Kinda like Miss Suzy Q.
            I'll drink to that!

I was down at Kissimmee a couple weeks ago talking with Thom and I have to say, if the motor program holds together the airframe issues that are being addressed are going to add some real speed to PM. You pick up 5 mph here, 3 mph there, another bit here, another bit there, and pretty soon you're talking the real thing. He's certainly going about it the right way...and with some advice from the right people.

I know Town is all gun-ho to win, but if it all plays out that sausage grinder will be turning some impressive speeds.

Comment

Gentlemen,

I have to say I find this discussion exceptionally motivating. And, wanted to inform you that the spinner is now 3/16" longer due to a new tip cap. Only to assist in a photo finish...

Faster!

Comment

Is there any chance that Stu Dawson will bring Sprit of Texas back this year?

Comment

Working...
                X