Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hangar Racing 2013 - Your Reno Air Races Predictions?

Default Re: Hangar Racing 2013 - Your Reno Air Races Predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Well it's kind of quiet in here.. We all anticipate and very much want a full field of racers to celebrate the 50th anniversary of our great motorsport... Personally, I look forward to a great week! Seeing old friends, watching the best pilots in the world strut their stuff on the world's only closed course wing to wing air race... RENO!

My thoughts on who's gonna make it happen this year? Gonna just start this thread with Unlimited, but I know you guys know, there's LOTS more happening in other classes... feel free to jump in with more!

Say I'm crazy if you want...

Strega: Tiger has a plan, ... don't go to Reno 2013... yea.. right..
    Rare Bear: Boys in Texas work around the clock, decide that a stock engine with slow nose case and a conservative approach is best for this year...
    Precious Metal: Many well planed out changes... boys better lace them boots up! Fan Favorite!
    Dreadnought: As always, keeps everyone on their toes, setting the "bottom of the top" speed bracket to break into..
    Czech Mate: Back with new wing, new energy, happy crew does well all week, solid speeds, fan favorite #2

OK.. there's more but that's just me sitting here trying to think about something other than politics.. I think the racing will be fantastic, renewed airplanes, new opportunities for success.. who's name will be on that trophy next??
    Well, I've only gotten into following Reno for the past two weeks or so , but this is what I see happening:

Strega won't race. Hinton won't have a ride this year. Maybe back in 2014. (though I admit that it's odd to be making airshow appearances but not racing)
    September Fury will be 2013 Unlimited Gold winner.
    Precious Metal will make an excellent showing, possibly taking Gold, but realistically I think that will have to wait a year or two.
    RareBear won't make the top three in Unlimited Gold (*ducks and runs for cover).
    Dreadnought, as someone said earlier, will be keeping everyone on their toes. Solid plane and a good team.
    Czech Mate, I don't even know enough about them to make a guess.

Now feel free to pull that apart and "educate me!"

Quote Originally Posted by CanIFlyIt View Post
    Well, I've only gotten into following Reno for the past two weeks or so , but this is what I see happening:

Strega won't race. Hinton won't have a ride this year. Maybe back in 2014. (though I admit that it's odd to be making airshow appearances but not racing)
    September Fury will be 2013 Unlimited Gold winner.
    Precious Metal will make an excellent showing, possibly taking Gold, but realistically I think that will have to wait a year or two.
    RareBear won't make the top three in Unlimited Gold (*ducks and runs for cover).
    Dreadnought, as someone said earlier, will be keeping everyone on their toes. Solid plane and a good team.
    Czech Mate, I don't even know enough about them to make a guess.

Now feel free to pull that apart and "educate me!"
    Strega- Will show up and LD will owe me a night of drinking Whiskey for lying to me.

Precious Metal-Will fight hard with Strega and Thom will give her an extra 20 inches on the last lap to give fans the closest finish in years. So much so that it takes RARA three weeks to declare a winner. A Griffon wins Reno for the first time in over 30 years by a spinner rivet.

Bear- Right on first and seconds ass

232-Right on first and seconds ass

Buick- Toe to toe with Race 86, but on the last lap Smooter gives the scooter all she has and end's up right next to 77 and 232 in a close race for 2nd. Smoot takes it and Hoot and Stew both ask the same question "where the hell did he come from"?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Strega- Will show up and LD will owe me a night of drinking Whiskey for lying to me.

Precious Metal-Will fight hard with Strega and Thom will give her an extra 20 inches on the last lap to give fans the closest finish in years. So much so that it takes RARA three weeks to declare a winner. A Griffon wins Reno for the first time in over 30 years by a spinner rivet.

Buick- Toe to toe with Race 86, but on the last lap Smooter gives the scooter all she has and end's up right next to 77 and 232 in a close race for 2nd. Smoot takes it and Hoot and Stew both ask the same question "where the hell did he come from"?!
    Now that would be something to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigger Al View Post
    Now that would be something to see!
    Dream big or go home! I'm a racer and I want a race!

Exclamation Re: Hangar Racing 2013 - Your Reno Air Races Predictions?

I LIKE the way you think!!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Ya just gave me the chills

Dream big or go home! I'm a racer and I want a race!
    AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!
    Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

you are all full of it!

sani hut shows up and shows everybody how it is done with a 515 MPH record run!!!!!!
    bob burns
    ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
    "dont mess with texas"

Quote Originally Posted by xmh53wrench View Post
    Ya just gave me the chills
    Same here!

Hey, we can all hope can't we?

I like the way you think! Spinner rivets? Damn...better grind those suckers down and fill any gaps so they are smooth enough to match the rest of the mods....! Wouldn't want them making dirty air over the strakes and scoop mods would ya....?

Nice Wild Bill! THAT would be the best race of the last 50 years.

Strega, if she comes to race I have to give it to her. I'm not a rabid Strega fan (like some Dago people) but face it, at this time in racing history that program, airplane and pilot are pretty hard to beat.

Rare Bear , duking it out with 232 if Bear stays alive and stays fast.

232, duking it out with Rare Bear. 232 has been known to break too!

PM, plugging along at consistent high speeds waiting for a chance. IF the mods bring it up to the front runners it could be the big spoiler. I know I'll be rooting!

CM, right there with PM. Always had the potential to slip into the front given a chance (no Strega).

Dread will be her standard 450-460 and place behind anyone faster than that...

I still hope for the day that Sparky ends up in front by a nose because of drop-outs, etc. Kinda like Miss Suzy Q.
    Go Sparky!