X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strega Info???

Originally posted by al baby View Post
    Might want to re-think the last part of that
    "Pulling the screens and changing the plugs" might be an essential part of going fast, but the PILOT pulling the screens and changing the plugs isn't necessarily.

I can't remember the last time I saw Skip Holm changing the plugs on Dago. Or The Healer. Or Stiletto. Or Jeannie. In fact, for the most part, that would have drawn something to the effect of a verbal bitch-slap from Big Z or the Doc.

"Get your f*#king hands off of my f*#king engine! Bad pilot. No biscuit."

He still did pretty good for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
      "Pulling the screens and changing the plugs" might be an essential part of going fast, but the PILOT pulling the screens and changing the plugs isn't necessarily.

I can't remember the last time I saw Skip Holm changing the plugs on Dago. Or The Healer. Or Stiletto. Or Jeannie. In fact, for the most part, that would have drawn something to the effect of a verbal bitch-slap from Big Z or the Doc.

"Get your f*#king hands off of my f*#king engine! Bad pilot. No biscuit."

He still did pretty good for himself.
      Not taking anything away from any pilot anywhere, I think it's safe to say that Stevo Hinton is a special breed of cat!
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

So! Is Strega going to race in Sept? if so, who is going to fly her?
        Brian

Comment

LD's wife just posted on FB, 99% sure Strega is out.

Comment

So...no Smoot in a T-28, Voodoo rumors looking doubtful, and no Strega. Anybody want to explain what all the excitement was about?
            Last edited by Wingnut; 06-14-2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

The whole unlimited division is imploding.

Comment

Do tell.

Comment

From Live Airshow TV
                  BREAKING NEWS. Mike Houghton, president and CEO of the Reno Air Races announced that the air race association and unlimited pilots are jointly starting a new organization called Warbird Unlimited Racing. Tiger Destefani will head this new organization. More to follow shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                    From Live Airshow TV
                    Interesting, I went to the "News" page at Live Airshow TV and there was only one word on the whole page. It said, "Woops."......

Comment

• Re: Strega Info???

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
                      Interesting, I went to the "News" page at Live Airshow TV and there was only one word on the whole page. It said, "Woops."......
                      Check their Facebook page. The website has been fubar for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                        Check their Facebook page. The website has been fubar for a while.
                        Got it...thanks! Very Interesting Press Release...Let's hope this is a nationwide series with a race a month, full support crews, multi locations...etc.

Comment

I still have some large ARU stickers, maybe they'll come in handy?
                          Chris...

Comment

Working...
                          X