Robert Converse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Converse

For those of you who have not heard yet, Robert Converse passed away this morning.
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Re: Robert Converse

Amazing! He was a great guy and racer. We will miss him greatly!!!
    Randy Rheinschild
    www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

He had been sick up here in Sequim for a long time and undergoing some rather painful treatment....I am sad that he is gone, but I am glad he is not suffering.

He was a fun guy.

Comment

I will always remember his East to West Saturday night low pass at the Breckenridge Air Show...

Blue Skies,

Lynn

Comment

Robert Converse:

Great person. It's funny that our most recent contact was because I purchased his aunts (yes, famed mother's sister) T-bone the year before last and he really got a kick about the T-bone he grew up in would also be a vehicle for another "Paul" generation to grow up in as well. N7770X lives on my friend, and your families contributions to aviation does as well...... I'm sure the historians on the board can explain the "Huntress" series to the newbies.

JC

Comment

Prayers to Family & "Blue Skies" to You Robert. I was honored to call him my Friend. I gave him a framed B&W photo of his Mother,Dianna Cyrus,flying her A-26 Invader in the 1947 Cleveland Bendix Race.
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Blue Skies and Tailwinds. My condolences to his family and freinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                He had been sick up here in Sequim for a long time and undergoing some rather painful treatment....I am sad that he is gone, but I am glad he is not suffering.

He was a fun guy.
                He had pulmnary hypertension and was waiting for a lung transplant. He had so many plans for after the transplant. I just wish it had come in time.

Do you know if there are any plans for a memorial service for him? I've had a couple of people ask and I know I'd want to go.
                Last edited by sandramore; 04-15-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
                  He had pulmnary hypertension and was waiting for a lung transplant. He had so many plans for after the transplant. I just wish it had come in time.

Do you know if there are any plans for a memorial service for him? I've had a couple of people ask and I know I'd want to go.
                  Not yet, Sandra. Slack and I are trying to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                    Not yet, Sandra. Slack and I are trying to find out.
                    I didn't mean to sound so abrupt. I know you knew why we lost him, but I've had others ask me. I'm sorry if I sounded short.

I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know when you find out about a service for him.

Comment

Blue Skies Robert. He was a gentleman and always had time to talk to our kids. RIP.

Frank C.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockheed Bob View Post
                        Prayers to Family & "Blue Skies" to You Robert. I was honored to call him my Friend. I gave him a framed B&W photo of his Mother,Dianna Cyrus,flying her A-26 Invader in the 1947 Cleveland Bendix Race.
                        The A26 you are speaking of resides in Van Nuys and is owned and operated by Howard Keck Jr for 20 years now. Sad news about Robert. He was a kind soul and will certainly be missed.

MJ

Comment

Originally posted by Hawker Driver View Post
                          I will always remember his East to West Saturday night low pass at the Breckenridge Air Show...

Blue Skies,

Lynn
                          Would that be 91 when he shaved the roof on the Arnot hangar? I was on my way out from the barbeque as the 51 crossed the runway and came straight for me and a couple of other guys. The dandruff flew off my head like a small bowl of dust as he passed by and climbed out.

He was however given a "suggestion" after he landed by another of the warbird guys present.

Good memories though.

T J

Comment

Very sad to hear that Robert lost his battle.. Fighting serious illness is something I hope no one ever has to do. I think we all go to a better place.. Blue Skies Robert Converse.
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Blue Skies Robert. It has a pleasure to have watched you race!

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X