*OT* FPV R/C flying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *OT* FPV R/C flying

A little off topic, but I figured you guys would get a kick out this. This is some cool R/C stuff with some great video and editing.
    Hey Mike and Chris Luvara,
    You need to put one of these systems in your F-16.
    Team Echelon's FPV fun across California from North to South flying a range of craft.Song: Electric TouchArtist: Break Science & Michal MenertFor more Team E...

Featuring various projects we do, flying with a range of flyers. We'll break down some of the projects in other videos as this serves more as the "Money Shot...

Here’s their website with more vids and info www.EchelonFPV.com
    Jason Schillereff

Re: *OT* FPV R/C flying

Jason,

Thanks guy, those are cool. You have to wonder, these RC guys with there on-board HD cameras, they get so close, and position the shots perfectly, do they have live feed capabilities???

Thanks again for sharing.

By the way, you ever see this one by Crazy Horst:

Best-of-2011 onboardModel: Graupner RookieCamera: GoPro HDIf the video is blocked in your country, check out http://vimeo.com/34504476

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
      Jason,

Thanks guy, those are cool. You have to wonder, these RC guys with there on-board HD cameras, they get so close, and position the shots perfectly, do they have live feed capabilities???

Thanks again for sharing.

By the way, you ever see this one by Crazy Horst:

Best-of-2011 onboardModel: Graupner RookieCamera: GoPro HDIf the video is blocked in your country, check out http://vimeo.com/34504476

Yes I have seen that one, it's very good also.
      From what I read on the EchelonFPV website they are in fact flying these with video goggles and the cameras on the planes swivel with their view, they also said they have spotters and a back up pilot just in case.
      Jason Schillereff

Comment

Jason,

Have been watching the technological advances in FPV for a few years. Really neat stuff.
        But as a pilot, I have real concerns with such activities.
        The FAA issued AC91-57, that limits flight of non-commercial FPV RC to below 400'AGL and
        line of sight. Sharing the same airspace with these is just scarey. Ok, they weigh only a few pounds, but
        so do birds !

Comment

Working...
        X