Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Precious Message from Precious Metal

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    1,199

    Default Re: Precious Message from Precious Metal

    Are they going to dig a trench around the pylons and fill it with water?

    Thats the only reason I can come up with to paint PM to look like a early 90's wave runner.....

  2. #12

    Default Re: Precious Message from Precious Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    All airplanes have a way of talking to ya! This one is ready to show what she's made of that's for sure. I share her attitude.
    Irrelevant (?) History lesson for the morning. From 1966 to 1970 The most exciting series in SCCA history was the Trans Am 5 litre series sedan racing. The biggest names played the game, all the majors wanted the championship title. The budgets for the "amateur" sportsman series were bigger than could be believed. Finally for the 1971 season AMC got Roger Penske and Traco under contract. But FoMoCo and GM were done supporting the series. AMC won the 1971 championship under Penske. But the victory even though legitimate is still considered hollow. So IMHO, (yeah I said humble.) Keep the smack talk down and just go out and perform. Speak with the first place trophy.
    John Slack

  3. #13

    Default Re: Precious Message from Precious Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by BellCobraIV View Post
    Irrelevant (?) History lesson for the morning. From 1966 to 1970 The most exciting series in SCCA history was the Trans Am 5 litre series sedan racing. The biggest names played the game, all the majors wanted the championship title. The budgets for the "amateur" sportsman series were bigger than could be believed. Finally for the 1971 season AMC got Roger Penske and Traco under contract. But FoMoCo and GM were done supporting the series. AMC won the 1971 championship under Penske. But the victory even though legitimate is still considered hollow. So IMHO, (yeah I said humble.) Keep the smack talk down and just go out and perform. Speak with the first place trophy.
    Well John thanks for the advice. If that trophy ends up in my hands again I will hoist it up high, look skyward and thank your dad for helping me.

  4. #14

    Default Re: Precious Message from Precious Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingjibus View Post
    Are they going to dig a trench around the pylons and fill it with water?

    Thats the only reason I can come up with to paint PM to look like a early 90's wave runner.....
    Given the engine once did time in the Miss Budweiser Hydrofoil, that shouldn't be an issue to worrry about....

    ....not sure why everybody is so stuck on the aircraft being painted, and not the fact that the aircraft is being modded to reduce drag...!

    The New Scoop certainly looks good!

  5. #15

    Default Re: Precious Message from Precious Metal

    Just FYI folks the paint job posted on FB is the winner of the fan favorite contest... That's it, that's all!

  6. #16

    Default Re: Precious Message from Precious Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Well John thanks for the advice. If that trophy ends up in my hands again I will hoist it up high, look skyward and thank your dad for helping me.
    And he will be happy for your success. He loved winning a lot.
    John Slack

  7. #17

    Default Re: Precious Message from Precious Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by BellCobraIV View Post
    And he will be happy for your success. He loved winning a lot.
    As my dad used to say " Winning is like deodorant. Get some and suddenly you don't stink any more".

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    1,199

    Default Re: Precious Message from Precious Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Just FYI folks the paint job posted on FB is the winner of the fan favorite contest... That's it, that's all!
    Oh thank god.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    1,199

    Default Re: Precious Message from Precious Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by BellCobraIV View Post
    Irrelevant (?) History lesson for the morning. From 1966 to 1970 The most exciting series in SCCA history was the Trans Am 5 litre series sedan racing. The biggest names played the game, all the majors wanted the championship title. The budgets for the "amateur" sportsman series were bigger than could be believed. Finally for the 1971 season AMC got Roger Penske and Traco under contract. But FoMoCo and GM were done supporting the series. AMC won the 1971 championship under Penske. But the victory even though legitimate is still considered hollow. So IMHO, (yeah I said humble.) Keep the smack talk down and just go out and perform. Speak with the first place trophy.
    Best auto racing series in the history of man.

  10. #20

    Default Re: Precious Message from Precious Metal

    Quote Originally Posted by BellCobraIV View Post
    And he will be happy for your success. He loved winning a lot.
    Always keep a little of his memory close to to me when I race ANYTHING!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77 helmet.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	19480  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •