Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Precious Message from Precious Metal

Default Re: Precious Message from Precious Metal

Are they going to dig a trench around the pylons and fill it with water?

Thats the only reason I can come up with to paint PM to look like a early 90's wave runner.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    All airplanes have a way of talking to ya! This one is ready to show what she's made of that's for sure. I share her attitude.
    Irrelevant (?) History lesson for the morning. From 1966 to 1970 The most exciting series in SCCA history was the Trans Am 5 litre series sedan racing. The biggest names played the game, all the majors wanted the championship title. The budgets for the "amateur" sportsman series were bigger than could be believed. Finally for the 1971 season AMC got Roger Penske and Traco under contract. But FoMoCo and GM were done supporting the series. AMC won the 1971 championship under Penske. But the victory even though legitimate is still considered hollow. So IMHO, (yeah I said humble.) Keep the smack talk down and just go out and perform. Speak with the first place trophy.
    John Slack

Quote Originally Posted by BellCobraIV View Post
    Irrelevant (?) History lesson for the morning. From 1966 to 1970 The most exciting series in SCCA history was the Trans Am 5 litre series sedan racing. The biggest names played the game, all the majors wanted the championship title. The budgets for the "amateur" sportsman series were bigger than could be believed. Finally for the 1971 season AMC got Roger Penske and Traco under contract. But FoMoCo and GM were done supporting the series. AMC won the 1971 championship under Penske. But the victory even though legitimate is still considered hollow. So IMHO, (yeah I said humble.) Keep the smack talk down and just go out and perform. Speak with the first place trophy.
    Well John thanks for the advice. If that trophy ends up in my hands again I will hoist it up high, look skyward and thank your dad for helping me.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjibus View Post
    Are they going to dig a trench around the pylons and fill it with water?

Thats the only reason I can come up with to paint PM to look like a early 90's wave runner.....
    Given the engine once did time in the Miss Budweiser Hydrofoil, that shouldn't be an issue to worrry about....

....not sure why everybody is so stuck on the aircraft being painted, and not the fact that the aircraft is being modded to reduce drag...!

The New Scoop certainly looks good!

Just FYI folks the paint job posted on FB is the winner of the fan favorite contest... That's it, that's all!

Well John thanks for the advice. If that trophy ends up in my hands again I will hoist it up high, look skyward and thank your dad for helping me.
    And he will be happy for your success. He loved winning a lot.
    John Slack

As my dad used to say " Winning is like deodorant. Get some and suddenly you don't stink any more".

Just FYI folks the paint job posted on FB is the winner of the fan favorite contest... That's it, that's all!
    Oh thank god.

Best auto racing series in the history of man.

Always keep a little of his memory close to to me when I race ANYTHING!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77 helmet.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	19480