Rare Bear Sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rare Bear Sighting

After they get to Texas & hose it down it will look good on a pedestal in front of the Mr. Lewis Museum.
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Originally posted by al baby View Post
      I believe they have the right people on the project and they know what they're doing - between Ezell and Dawson and Cardin and the Lewis Aeronautics owner and his organization. There are professional aircraft movers in the world, I bet that's who they are using.
      Why do you guys think you know better than they? I guess, when you buy your million dollar racer, I'm sure you'll do better.
      Ya, well, maybe, not so much.

Find the FAA report about Mr. Lewis's B-25, when the gear was retracted on take off, with the First Lady of Texas on board.

Comment

I believe they have the right people on the project and they know what they're doing - between Ezell and Dawson and Cardin and the Lewis Aeronautics owner and his organization. There are professional aircraft movers in the world, I bet that's who they are using.
        Why do you guys think you know better than they? I guess, when you buy your million dollar racer, I'm sure you'll do better.

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
          North. If they stick to interstates, I assume they'll veer north onto I-20 just west of Balmorhea.

Long difficult haul, no matter how you slice it.
          I'm not in any inner circle or anywhere near close enough to first-hand information so I took the move to Texas meaning the Lewis Air ranch, which would have required a turn to the South. If Breckenridge is the first destination, then I stand corrected.

Comment

So are you implying that the entire Lewis organization is incapable of supporting RareBear based on this incident????

If so, you need to step back and re calibrate. Avaiation incidents happen every day. Some are caused by equipment issues, some by the fact that we are human and some just due to fate. By your reasoning, the entire US Military avaiation community should be shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by marada mx3 View Post
              I'm not in any inner circle or anywhere near close enough to first-hand information so I took the move to Texas meaning the Lewis Air ranch, which would have required a turn to the South. If Breckenridge is the first destination, then I stand corrected.
              I don't know either, I just ASSumed that it was headed to Breckenridge since there've been lots of references to Ezell putting it back together. Its not too late to make the U-turn to Tiger's den.... I had to check the date when I saw those comments, but sure enough it was only March 31st. ;-)

Comment

So are you implying that the entire Lewis organization is incapable of supporting RareBear based on this incident????

If so, you need to step back and re calibrate. Avaiation incidents happen every day. Some are caused by equipment issues, some by the fact that we are human and some just due to fate. By your reasoning, the entire US Military avaiation community should be shut down.
                I'm not implying anything. You listed some people and said "I believe they have the right people on the project and they know what they're doing...." when there are facts to the contrary. And more that one incident.

That being said, I'm sure Ezell's group will do a great job, they do great work with stock warbirds.

Comment

Whenever people are critical of me, I remember the quote from Theodore Roosevelt titled: The Man in the Arena.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post

Not even a friggin tarp?
                    She flies with a tarp on most of the time anyway, whats the big deal

Comment

Looked on Ezell Aviation FB page. Bear is in the hangar now with panels forward of firewall removed. I am sure Howard is blessing her with his presence. Soooooooo, who thinks this will be the new cave?
                      John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Comment

Working...
                      X