With Bear on the Way to Texas - Lets Get Some Road Trip Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Bear on the Way to Texas - Lets Get Some Road Trip Shots

Be interesting to see how many of us will have a chance to see the Bear on his roadtrip to Texas.

Post pics here if you do.

I'll post couple to start this thread.

Re: With Bear on the Way to Texas - Lets Get Some Road Trip Shots

One careless driver clips that wing and it's all over.

Comment

Wow...It's good to see how in-tact it is for transport!

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
        One careless driver clips that wing and it's all over.
        Don't go crashing into it trying to take a picture!

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu View Post
          Don't go crashing into it trying to take a picture!

Jarrod
          I want as far away from that airplane as possible... Prefer out in front by a half lap or so..... [Ducking now!]

Comment

There are going to be lots of eyes looking at her as she is heading down the road in her 2000 mile journey. Figure 90% of those eyes are going to be in the head of rubber necker's trying to get a better look of an air plane pained like a NASCAR race car.

I would bet 2% or more has some sort of off road excursion, (even if it is just on the rumble strips).

I would hate to be the driver of that truck. Pucker factor of 10 all the way to Texas.

Comment

Anyone have a guess as to the route ?
              Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                I want as far away from that airplane as possible... Prefer out in front by a half lap or so..... [Ducking now!]
                You really think PM is slow enough to get lapped?

Jarrod

Comment

I think the closest the two will get to each other is when PM is flying to and from the races.
                  Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                    I think the closest the two will get to each other is when PM is flying to and from the races.
                    Well I'm a "Glass half full type of guy".

The closet PM and Bear will get will be coming down the chute sizing each other up, Thom will let Bear pull ahead and just keep the pressure on, then on the last lap will show the last "ace in hand" and take the flag.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 03-23-2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

As one great American said "That's bold talk, for a one eyed Fat Man"!

Comment

I think I have Thom's last lap call:

"Fill your hand, you son of a b*&ch!!"

True Grit movie clips: http://j.mp/1CLJchPBUY THE MOVIE: http://amzn.to/rQpU8iDon't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6prCLIP DESCRIPTION:Roos...
                        Mark Johnson
                        Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

I think there will be bear fur and griffon feathers (and fur) flying come September. Honestly though, I've got to give the advantage to PM simply because the team is a cohesive unit who not only works well together, but knows the plane inside and out. RB might be the faster plane, but with a new group trying to figure out how to make it work with no instructions, its going to be a learning experience. They still need to figure out what the root issue was behind the over heating issues last year. I kinda get the feeling that the overheating issues were there before the races last year and the issue was never figured out. Either way, without the temp issues sorted out, RB will end up right where they were this year. (Just a side thought, all the years RB was fast, it was also totally covered in oil after every flight. The last few years, clean plane, but slow.I have to wonder if there is any correlation. Tighter rings/pistons equal better seal with less oil loss, but does that increase heat through friction especially as things heat up through use and expand?)

With no Strega, 232 might be the plane to beat. They have their stuff together and clearly a fast Fury. In the event everyone shows up and stays healthy, its going to be an epic race.

Will

Comment

Any info as to were the Bear is on her trip to Texas?

We are on the road to Texas our selvs, if she is close in our scheduled road plans, I might make a side trip.

Wolfee

Comment

I see "Tele1" posted that the Bear is by Hawthone. Wow less that 200 from Reno.

I guess that is making sense now. Highway 95 from Fallon to past Beatty, NV is not too wide and not a lot of shoulder. With the load at 22' they will have to close the road to traffic and move in small increments for 250 miles.

Now I get why the driver said this move will be a pain.

I sure hope the Bear arrives safely.

Comment

Working...
                              X