Air Race Simulator Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Race Simulator Game

I have a extra room in my house I am turning into a simulator equipped racing game room.

I hope I can swing this Vesaro setup (without motion to start)

Question is, I know several years back there was a effort to create a real Reno Air Racing simulator game, all I can find online was talk that it was put on hold in 2009?

Are there any Reno Racing simulation beside the Brietling iPhone kid stuff?

Re: Air Race Simulator Game

Microsoft Flightsim 10 has an Air Race sim on it

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked their website and its states "famed Red Bull Air Race courses".

I never cared for that series, I'd be more interested in Reno pylon racing.

Unless these more in there than what I found?

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
        Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked their website and its states "famed Red Bull Air Race courses".

I never cared for that series, I'd be more interested in Reno pylon racing.

Unless these more in there than what I found?

The air racing sim he's referring to is actually in the expansion pack for Flight Sim X...a separate purchase. But it is pretty bitchin. I think around 2007 or so Microsoft had a pavillion at Reno where they had a dozen linked computer terminals and you could race against each other. Excellent graphics and planes. The most realistic simulator for it as I've seen to date...although pulling 150 inches of boost out of a Merlin was kind of a pipe dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
          The air racing sim he's referring to is actually in the expansion pack for Flight Sim X...a separate purchase. But it is pretty bitchin. I think around 2007 or so Microsoft had a pavillion at Reno where they had a dozen linked computer terminals and you could race against each other. Excellent graphics and planes. The most realistic simulator for it as I've seen to date...although pulling 150 inches of boost out of a Merlin was kind of a pipe dream.
          Ok, thats what I was looking for. I'll check it out. I knew I read about something somewhere.

I found a Flight Sim X Expansion Pack Youtube Trailer that shows Miss America going around a Reno pylon.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Thanks for the lead.

Comment

Heres another on the Microsoft Expansion pack page.

Well got the walls painted, next step is carpeting and base boards.

Comment

I know they have a Precious Metal online for Flight Sim X.

Comment

There was also Xtreme air racing, then I think changed to R.A. Bob Hoover's air racing and I think finally Redline. I have a couple of them, the second and third and they are a lot of fun, especially if you set the realism high. Prop wash can be a real you know what if you happen to towards the back of a pack of 9 unlimiteds. At one time there was an online hookup that you could race other people. Never worked real well for me, but the simulation was fun. At one time, they had a website with a picture of Lyle Shelton flying Rare Bear on the simulation and a quote from him saying it was like the real thing...not sure about that, but I bet it sold a lot of programs!
                Last edited by Rigby; 03-21-2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

To Answer your questions, yes Microsoft produced the Acceleration expansion pack that adds Reno and several Mustangs including Ole Yeller, Miss A, Cloud Dancer to the default airplanes and also the Race course at Reno to fly, Mission packs include a Reno Tutorial and also practice races to fly. The other nice thing is there are some nice paint jobs out there for other add on P-51s, PM is available to download as is a very nicely modelled Pond...

So far there are no round engine racers that i have found short of the payware hughes H-1B
                  race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

The original Microsoft Flight Simulator 'x' (10) has since advanced considerably, and there are a number of different avenues available for having a simulated multiplayer Reno-style race environment. Various add-on aircraft and scenery, both freeware, and payware greatly enhance the experience, and the option of 3rd party software to also increase the overall realism of the simulator.

Some current testing is being done on an updated Reno course, which places the pylon locations to their exact coordinates per last year (2012).

Voice over IP (VoIP) allows live radio transmission between all parties, and face-tracking software allows for precision formation work, and racing.

Real-world weather, and add-on weather generators are able to simulate many scenarios. And flight dynamics value tracking programs allow developers to fine-tune the flight model, over an infinite number of variables.

In short... the experience is more rewarding today, than ever previous.

Joseph

Comment

Joseph,

Wow, those are some awesome graphics. So what system do you use, Xbox, PS3 or PC?

By the way thanks all for some great feedback.

Hans

Comment

Originally posted by kiwiracefan View Post
                        To Answer your questions, yes Microsoft produced the Acceleration expansion pack that adds Reno and several Mustangs including Ole Yeller, Miss A, Cloud Dancer to the default airplanes and also the Race course at Reno to fly, Mission packs include a Reno Tutorial and also practice races to fly. The other nice thing is there are some nice paint jobs out there for other add on P-51s, PM is available to download as is a very nicely modelled Pond...

So far there are no round engine racers that i have found short of the payware hughes H-1B
                        I found Miss Merced and Riff raff, and Critical Mass on Simviation.com

Comment

We do racing in IEN's warbirds and have a small course racing league in Aces High.

Long races.

I like to race against human players and we actually had 70 competitors in a race back in 2005.

We're more about the gameplay and flight model accuracy than eye candy.
                          Last edited by IcePaq; 03-23-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

The Miss Merced looks ok but is a FS2004 model, the textures can be sorted to run in FSX. The Critical Mass model on the other hand is really not up to standard, the wings are not the right shape, the tail is wrong among others.
                            race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

[QUOTE=Big_Jim;109563]... I think around 2007 or so Microsoft had a pavillion at Reno where they had a dozen linked computer terminals and you could race against each other...QUOTE]

Yeah, that was a lot of fun. Microsoft set up a a really big amd elaborate demo booth. Off to one side, they set up a long table with about 12 PCs connected in LAN and allowed anyone walking by to race. It was so funny to see these little kids yankin' and bankin' getting nowhere fast on Thursday. But, come Saturday, it was us "Ol' Farts" against the "Gamers" and the race was on!!!! I was able to finally snatch a victory roll over those "Little Sh**s" and got a free copy of the Sim-X Deluxe AND Sim-X Accel Exp Pack.

I'm a gamer by nature and have kept pretty much to road simulators (NC2K, GPL, rFactor, iRacing). Use to be Exec for the 87th Stray Dogs back in the day. Glad to see that there may still be some outfits considering bringing Reno back up on line. I'll be interested to see who posts after this.

Cheers. . .

Comment

Working...
                              X