Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bear On The Move!

Default Re: Bear On The Move!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
    Stu+Ezell=Texas
    Lol TF?

Sorry Randy, just couldnt resist

I see American Spirit or whatever it's called, now has an engine and nose gear.

Jarrod

Looks quite rusty.
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat24 View Post
    Looks quite rusty.
    Glad it's not just me. Thought it was the lighting or something.

Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    Those wings stick out a looooooooong ways, hope she makes the trip ok.
    Here's the Big question.....why are they moving her to Texas?
    Brian
    Reasons are buried in many different threads here.. Short answer, disagreement between owner and former engineer, crew chief, crew.. Rod Lewis wants her closer to home so he can watch over whatever happens to her more closely..

I once prepared a boss's '64 P 356 for an open trailer move from Portland to his Phoenix area summer home... soft cover, big cargo bag and shrink wrap kept it pristine for the move.

Hard for me to believe that they would actually move her more than a few feet without some sort of road rash protection. Even just flying debris.. wonder if they ever heard of rock dings on front panels? If that were my airplane, we'd have a small army with rolls of bubble wrap and shrink wrap... jusst sayin'

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Reasons are buried in many different threads here.. Short answer, disagreement between owner and former engineer, crew chief, crew.. Rod Lewis wants her closer to home so he can watch over whatever happens to her more closely..

I once prepared a boss's '64 P 356 for an open trailer move from Portland to his Phoenix area summer home... soft cover, big cargo bag and shrink wrap kept it pristine for the move.

Hard for me to believe that they would actually move her more than a few feet without some sort of road rash protection. Even just flying debris.. wonder if they ever heard of rock dings on front panels? If that were my airplane, we'd have a small army with rolls of bubble wrap and shrink wrap... jusst sayin'

Whats it matter? Smithsonian can restore Her when She arrives...
    D Abshier

Oh well, it's overdue for a new paint job, anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat24 View Post
    Never thought I'd see her on a truck...
    Just remember:

Well...

It belongs to him and he can this do with it as he pleases

or perhaps there's a very talented and respected rebuilder in Texas that will get some quality time with her ala several other racers.

Who knows what's the width of the wings? The trailer is probably, 8' or 8'6" wide if it's a standard width trailer.

And the reason they don't fly it to Texas is because?

I want to see the tail video of the trip. Wonder if they will post it and make it available for us to see?
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 03-21-2013 at 06:47 PM.