Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bear On The Move!

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
    I cannot remember if the location was/is classified or not. Probably not the best kept secret in aviation but I'm not gonna say and ruin it for anyone.
    Colorado. Leadville maybe?

Comment

I heard Alamoso,Co
      From a team member

Comment

Maybe they should have contacted John Slack, experienced and well known Bearcat mover to take it to Texas. I give the current movers less than a 50/50 chance to arrive in Texas unscathed. But, I'm hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by tele1 View Post
          Maybe they should have contacted John Slack, experienced and well known Bearcat mover to take it to Texas.
          Now THAT is funny! I don't think Lyle's truck is around anymore. Besides, using the Slack method of traveling the back roads in the middle of the night, the package would arrive in Texas sometime in July.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
            Now THAT is funny! I don't think Lyle's truck is around anymore. Besides, using the Slack method of traveling the back roads in the middle of the night, the package would arrive in Texas sometime in July.
            Now THAT'S even funnier!!

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu View Post
              With the boil off I'm assuming flying it down to Texas would require a lot of stops am right?

Jarrod

Your right Jarrod, it's because of the boil-off, but not for the reason you thought, as ChrisMX105
              explained.

It's because now there's no one around who knows how it operates or how to service it.

The team had two full time mechanics, but they were both fired. At the same time, they were asked to put together detailed servicing instructions, for whoever takes over the Bear.

They picked up their tools and left the hanger, and it didn't happen.

The rest of us on the crew who know how the system operates and how to service it were not asked.

You can guess why.

Comment

Wasn't the whole point of the program to make an aircraft that was "User-Friendly and Self-Explanatory"? After all Air Racing is "Simple, Cheap and Easy"

Oh wait, we wanted to win

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
                  Your right Jarrod, it's because of the boil-off, but not for the reason you thought, as ChrisMX105
                  explained.

It's because now there's no one around who knows how it operates or how to service it.

The team had two full time mechanics, but they were both fired. At the same time, they were asked to put together detailed servicing instructions, for whoever takes over the Bear.

They picked up their tools and left the hanger, and it didn't happen.

The rest of us on the crew who know how the system operates and how to service it were not asked.

You can guess why.
                  D Abshier

Comment

"they were both fired. At the same time, they were asked to put together detailed servicing instructions".

Sounds like management failed to do a "logic" flowchart before that move!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by FuryFan View Post
                      "they were both fired. At the same time, they were asked to put together detailed servicing instructions".

Sounds like management failed to do a "logic" flowchart before that move!

Kevin
                      I think the "Logic Flowchart" should have been done by the people that worked for Mr. Lewis. I am sure that in the business that Mr. Lewis is in, he faces unpredictable financial loss, maybe on a daily basis. But when a crew, staff or what ever becomes divided and the finger pointing begins, focus on the goal is lost, and bad feelings remain. It's time to cut losses and reload.

Steve Carter
                      Last edited by Reever; 03-23-2013, 05:31 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

My point was simply, you don't fire someone and then ask them to do you a favor.

Kevin

Comment

Kind of like a friend of mine that was given 6 trainees, told to train them in 6 months to replace him as they were moving his support job overseas, with the trainees when they returned to their "homeland"...
                          I would have evil fun with that.
                          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                            Yeah, but we got to Van Nuys as the sun was coming up, and I had a kamakazi driving a bigger truck in the lead to take anyone out that came close to the Bearcat.
                            John Slack

Comment

How does the Insurance Policy work on moving an airplane like this? Is it Liability only? Meaning that if the airplane hits another car, person, street pole due to an error of the truck driver...the Insurance will cover the damages to the object it hit and the Insurance will not pay for the damages to the airplane?

I'm sure the truck driver has insurance with his truck and trailer. Does the Airplane owner take out an additional insurance policy for his plane, does the standard insurance policy that goes along with flying the plane cover ground transportation like this or does the airplane owner go with what the truck driver has?

Will the damages to the Airplane be paid for by the Insurance company if it's the truck drivers fault?

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV View Post
                                Yeah, but we got to Van Nuys as the sun was coming up, and I had a kamakazi driving a bigger truck in the lead to take anyone out that came close to the Bearcat.
                                C'mon, John...this is me you're talking to here. Admit it. You were just too young to know what you couldn't do. So you went out and did it.

Comment

Working...
                                X