Fokker D-VIII catches fire on start up... among four clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fokker D-VIII catches fire on start up... among four clips

Four clip video of happenings at Fantasy of Flight recently. Including flights of their Albatros D Va and Sikorsky S-39, also engine tests on a Fokker Triplane and Fokker D-VIII. Things get a little hot with the D-VIII, but get under control quickly.

Re: Fokker D-VIII catches fire on start up... among four clips

Don't mean to offend or besmirch anyone, but you can hear Kermit briefing his crew about the fire risk, and ask for an extinguisher to be ready, but it wasn't exactly ready for instant use though, was it?

Comment

Fire extinguishers are cheap insurance when you need them. Without them, things can go get out of control quickly.

If it was my plane, there'd be 5-10 fire extinguishers stacked on the tug. One will run out quickly when you need it the most.

Comment

Fantasy Of Flight is on my bucket list of places to go!

They have the most amazing air craft.

Comment

I was just back out there this Thursday and had another great day. Kermit flew the Grumman Wildcat and it was just awesome to see and hear that plane up close. Amazing. I applaud Mr. Weeks and his effort to keep this fading history alive.

Comment

Seeing the S-39 fly at the end of this clip I realised that Kermit has cornered the market on Sikorsky's the past two years... having acquired an S-55, S-38, this S-39 and of course, Howard Hughes S-43. What's next in his sights?

Comment

Working...
            X