New Construction Starting at Stead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Construction Starting at Stead

Drove over to RARA today to buy some older air race programs for my collection. While leaving I drove over to see the Bear and noticed that they are preparing to break ground for the new pilots lounge by the control tower.

Also looks like SCCA is setting up a autocross circuit for the weekend :-)

As for the Bear - he looks very lonely in his cave.

Re: New Construction Starting at Stead

I'd love to run at Stead sometime. I've heard its one of if not the fastest venue on the west coast. A friend of mine ran his 914 up there a few years back and I guess he was pushing 80 mph in one section. I don't think the Datsun would be all that happy at that altitude without some serious carb tuning. The M3 however shouldn't mind.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
      I'd love to run at Stead sometime. I've heard its one of if not the fastest venue on the west coast. A friend of mine ran his 914 up there a few years back and I guess he was pushing 80 mph in one section. I don't think the Datsun would be all that happy at that altitude without some serious carb tuning. The M3 however shouldn't mind.

Will
      Ohwww.. geez.. touch my 914 nerve willya! Most fun car I ever owned was my 1975 914. Joined PCA so I could partake in a couple events held at PIR annually. Just drive your car, try not to crash sort of events. But you get turned loose on a major International Speedway!

Super fun stuff!

Another life, in a place far, far away....

PS.. geez RAD2, your username spellchecks into a very humorous place...
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

[BHI FOLKS, WE HERE AT THE AEROBATIC COMPANY HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE NEW CONSTRUCTION AT
        STEAD IS ACTUALLY AN AIR TERMINAL, WHICH WILL HOUSE OFFICES FOR THE AIRPORT MANAGER, BUSINESS
        OFFICES AND MEETING ROOMS. IT MAY ALSO ACT AS A U.P.S. HUB FOR THE LOGISTIC COMPANY.
        NOT SURE IF ANY OF THIS WILL EFFECT OUR RACING, BUT STEAD IS GROWING.
        CHEERS ALL~GHOST[/B]

Comment

Originally posted by GHOSTRIDER View Post
          [BHI FOLKS, WE HERE AT THE AEROBATIC COMPANY HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT THE NEW CONSTRUCTION AT
          STEAD IS ACTUALLY AN AIR TERMINAL, WHICH WILL HOUSE OFFICES FOR THE AIRPORT MANAGER, BUSINESS
          OFFICES AND MEETING ROOMS. IT MAY ALSO ACT AS A U.P.S. HUB FOR THE LOGISTIC COMPANY.
          NOT SURE IF ANY OF THIS WILL EFFECT OUR RACING, BUT STEAD IS GROWING.
          CHEERS ALL~GHOST[/B]
          Talking to one of gals in the RARA office, she said the new facility will have some areas that will allow RARA to display some of their air race memorabilia.

Sure would be nice if some large aviation company built their corp HQ there and tied it in with a National Air Racing Museum. Similar to what the folks at Evergreen have done in McKinnville.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 03-16-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            Ohwww.. geez.. touch my 914 nerve willya! Most fun car I ever owned was my 1975 914. Joined PCA so I could partake in a couple events held at PIR annually. Just drive your car, try not to crash sort of events. But you get turned loose on a major International Speedway!

Super fun stuff!

Another life, in a place far, far away....

PS.. geez RAD2, your username spellchecks into a very humorous place...

Prior to it finally getting a paint job last year. Laguna Seca, finished 21 of 58 and was the only car driven to the race to race.

I beat the red full race car

My fun toy. It got me kicked out of running with the PCA because all the GT3 owners got mad when I beat them. The only other street legal car that beat me was a Porsche GT2 on slicks big enough for me to sleep on.

Here is something for you 914 fans, my friends (same friend as mentioned before) now '74 with a short stroke 2.6 liter 6.

It scoots.

Will

Comment

Working...
            X