Thread: Nemesis and Wildfire at the Mojave Experimental Fly-in

Thumbs down Re: Nemesis and Wildfire at the Mojave Experimental Fly-in

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Haskin View Post
    Likely behind a towbar.
    That's not very cool

Default Re: Nemesis and Wildfire at the Mojave Experimental Fly-in

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Adkins View Post
    That's not very cool
    Okay, Ken...how would you rather it get to the display ramp? You want the crew guys to push it out of the hangar and down the ramp?

While there was some well-deserved sarcasm in Hacker's statement, how else would you expect it to get the half-mile down the ramp from the Statler's hangar to where the Sharp's party is going to be? I am not sure it has moved under it's own power since 2008 or 2009 when Dave Morss did a low-speed taxi test down the runway.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    Okay, Ken...how would you rather it get to the display ramp? You want the crew guys to push it out of the hangar and down the ramp?

While there was some well-deserved sarcasm in Hacker's statement, how else would you expect it to get the half-mile down the ramp from the Statler's hangar to where the Sharp's party is going to be? I am not sure it has moved under it's own power since 2008 or 2009 when Dave Morss did a low-speed taxi test down the runway.
    Sorry, I didn't realize that Wildfire lives at Mojave. After all these years, sure would love to see it in the air, or at least moving down the runway under it's own power.

Hopefully some progress on Wildfire

I'm waiting for the announcement that it is going to be reverted back to a stock T6.
    You mean a TF-6?
    I know, I know, it already would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    You mean a TF-6?
    I know, I know, it already would be.
    Leo,

I think you meant TF-6 Quad - double wide 4 seater :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Leo,

I think you meant TF-6 Quad - double wide 4 seater :-)

Even then, it would still be slower than Bob Diemert's 4-seat Mustang:

Regarding Wildfire, there really isn't a whole lot of T-6 left in it. The landing gear and doors might still be salvageable. They started with a basic T-6 fuselage framework when the project first started in the mid-70's as "Super Six", but it has been highly modified to accept the engine and wing setup. But (all kidding side) to restore Wildfire back to a T-6 would be like what they did with Stiletto when they restored it to a TF status in the mid-90's: Art Teeters took the fuselage and basically threw it away. Then he took the wings and threw them away too. And then with the parts left over they built up a 'new' TF.

Hey Guys

I am really excited about this event next month and all the interest we have been getting in it.

It looks like we will be able to gather a lot of cool weird airplanes, but specifically a lot of cool racers. We have been getting emails from interested pilots all week. I am looking forward to spending time with like minded folk without the pressure cooker of race week, and without having to travel all the way to Wisconsin.

The Wildfire team is a dedicated bunch and I have been very excited and impressed with the changes they have incorporated in the last year. I am excited they are willing to share that with visitors to the event, and I think you will be excited as well.

Www.mojaveflyin.com

Elliot Seguin
    Scaled Composites
    Nemesis Air Racing
    Wasabi Air Racing

Quote Originally Posted by laminar View Post
    The Wildfire team is a dedicated bunch and I have been very excited and impressed with the changes they have incorporated in the last year. I am excited they are willing to share that with visitors to the event, and I think you will be excited as well.
    I think you'll find that for the old-timers on this site who have known about this since it was a Bill Statler Sr./Charlie Beck/Jim Modes project back at Van Nuys airport 30-some years ago, the excitement is truly there. Not to see it go and set the world (forgive the pun) on fire, but to see the project show up on the ramp at Reno. THAT will be victory enough.

Hopefully there will be full photo coverage, as the plane doesn't see much daylight.