• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nemesis and Wildfire at the Mojave Experimental Fly-in

Originally posted by Leo View Post
    You mean a TF-6?
    I know, I know, it already would be.
    Leo,

I think you meant TF-6 Quad - double wide 4 seater :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
      Leo,

I think you meant TF-6 Quad - double wide 4 seater :-)

Even then, it would still be slower than Bob Diemert's 4-seat Mustang:

Comment

Regarding Wildfire, there really isn't a whole lot of T-6 left in it. The landing gear and doors might still be salvageable. They started with a basic T-6 fuselage framework when the project first started in the mid-70's as "Super Six", but it has been highly modified to accept the engine and wing setup. But (all kidding side) to restore Wildfire back to a T-6 would be like what they did with Stiletto when they restored it to a TF status in the mid-90's: Art Teeters took the fuselage and basically threw it away. Then he took the wings and threw them away too. And then with the parts left over they built up a 'new' TF.

Comment

Hey Guys

I am really excited about this event next month and all the interest we have been getting in it.

It looks like we will be able to gather a lot of cool weird airplanes, but specifically a lot of cool racers. We have been getting emails from interested pilots all week. I am looking forward to spending time with like minded folk without the pressure cooker of race week, and without having to travel all the way to Wisconsin.

The Wildfire team is a dedicated bunch and I have been very excited and impressed with the changes they have incorporated in the last year. I am excited they are willing to share that with visitors to the event, and I think you will be excited as well.

Www.mojaveflyin.com

Elliot Seguin
          Scaled Composites
          Nemesis Air Racing
          Wasabi Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by laminar View Post
            The Wildfire team is a dedicated bunch and I have been very excited and impressed with the changes they have incorporated in the last year. I am excited they are willing to share that with visitors to the event, and I think you will be excited as well.
            I think you'll find that for the old-timers on this site who have known about this since it was a Bill Statler Sr./Charlie Beck/Jim Modes project back at Van Nuys airport 30-some years ago, the excitement is truly there. Not to see it go and set the world (forgive the pun) on fire, but to see the project show up on the ramp at Reno. THAT will be victory enough.

Hopefully there will be full photo coverage, as the plane doesn't see much daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
              I think you'll find that for the old-timers on this site who have known about this since it was a Bill Statler Sr./Charlie Beck/Jim Modes project back at Van Nuys airport 30-some years ago, the excitement is truly there. Not to see it go and set the world (forgive the pun) on fire, but to see the project show up on the ramp at Reno. THAT will be victory enough.

Hopefully there will be full photo coverage, as the plane doesn't see much daylight.
              I too am looking forward to it. I will do my best to get pictures posted online.

Thank you,
              Elliot Seguin

Comment

Elliot,

Looks to be a fun time. We'll just enjoy it through the post event pictures.
                Going to be a few miles east (victorville) for some bbq.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Rigby View Post
                  Wildfire....bringing you 1980's technology today!
                  Surely better than 1940s technology?

Comment

Working...
                  X