Clear All

Re: Setting the record straight

Originally posted by dabshr View Post
    2008 DNF
    2009 2nd
    2010 2nd (no gold race sunday wind)
    2011 479mph in qual, no races...
    2012 DNF

i think this sets the record straight...
    That was really pretty cool, seeing that oil trail the Tigercat put out when you left the oil cap off.

Good Show!!
    Last edited by toldjaso; 03-11-2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

2008 DNF
      2009 2nd
      2010 2nd (no gold race sunday wind)
      2011 479mph in qual, no races...
      2012 DNF

i think this sets the record straight...

So I guess you're just referring to the Rod Lewis era?

So why leave out the 2007 win?

How maney Gold Unlimited wins you got Dougie?

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
        That was really pretty cool, seeing that oil trail the Tigercat put out when you left the oil cap off. Good Show!!
        True, our team made a mistake! hell, I'll take the blame! I didn't blame the pilot, i fixed the problem, we finished racing! AND WE HAD FUN DOING IT! and the plane flew back to TEXAS with no issues!!

That is the difference between Me & You, I make mistakes, and I will Own up to them!

Last year(2012), we had alternator problems, we asked to borrow one of yours, and were told NO! (Nice team work!) So, we bought one from Voodo, fixed our problem, went racing, Beat you guys THREE Times, AND HAD FUN DOING IT!! Then Flew The Plane Back to CHINO!!

You guys put 18 new cylinders on an engine, for whatever reasons, did all this work and DID NOT FINNISH! what is your excuse for that?
        D Abshier

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
          So I guess you're just referring to the Rod Lewis era?

So why leave out the 2007 win?

How many Gold Unlimited wins you got Dougie?
          well chrissie, NONE, but you know what? I HAVE FUN!! and its my job! I'm not a volunteer!! I have 30+ planes to take care of, and they all fly!! none of them overheat!!

You guys HAD one to work on that flys ONE WEEK a year! give me another excuse!
          Last edited by dabshr; 03-09-2013, 10:47 AM.
          D Abshier

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
            That was really pretty cool, seeing that oil trail the Tigercat put out when you left the oil cap off. Good Show!!
            How about launching your plane for a test flight to test the ADI, only to realize no one remembered to service the ADI.

But I'm sure you had fun playing football in the ally.

Comment

How about launching your plane for a test flight to test the ADI, only to realize no one remembered to service the ADI.

But I'm sure you had fun playing football in the ally.
              Like I said We, THE TEAM, make mistakes, but, we overcome & adapt!
              WE DID HAVE FUN!!
              232 was 1st loser!!

whats your excuse?
              D Abshier

Comment

True, our team made a mistake! hell, I'll take the blame! I didn't blame the pilot, i fixed the problem, we finished racing! AND WE HAD FUN DOING IT! and the plane flew back to TEXAS with no issues!!

That is the difference between Me & You, I make mistakes, and I will Own up to them!

Last year(2012), we had alternator problems, we asked to borrow one of yours, and were told NO! (Nice team work!) So, we bought one from Voodo, fixed our problem, went racing, Beat you guys THREE Times, AND HAD FUN DOING IT!! Then Flew The Plane Back to CHINO!!

You guys put 18 new cylinders on an engine, for whatever reasons, did all this work and DID NOT FINNISH! what is your excuse for that?

A spare alternator was offered on multiple occasions and each time we were told "We're getting one shipped and will wait for it"

The 18 cylinders were removed in order to repair warped valve seats and replaced after said work was finished. If you think we did it for fun you are incorrect in that assumption.

Wasn't it 2011 that you were proudly displaying the piston with a rather prominent hole in it that prevented you from racing at all?

Comment

well chrissie, NONE, but you know what? I HAVE FUN!! and its my job! I'm not a volunteer!! I have 30+ planes to take care of, and they all fly!! none of them overheat!!

You guys HAD one to work on that flys ONE WEEK a year! give me another excuse!

What makes you think we don't have fun?

In keeping with the spirit of the thread "Setting the recoded straight" there is no overheating issues. I understand you only know what your told, but no truth to it.

Not sure why you find it necessary to make comments about something you know nothing about, and have even said so.

No one on my team has ever had any issues with you or anyone on your team, so I don't get it.

This is about setting the record straight.

Comment

I wonder if Mr. Penny is happy now. He gets his 2 cents in and starts drama.

Do you think this is the way to get your job back with Mr. Lewis? If not, what was the point of all this? You could have walked quietly into the sunset with all your records and reputation intact, but you needed to "set the record straight".

Comment

What makes you think we don't have fun?

In keeping with the spirit of the thread "Setting the recoded straight" there is no overheating issues. I understand you only know what your told, but no truth to it.

Not sure why you find it necessary to make comments about something you know nothing about, and have even said so.

No one on my team has ever had any issues with you or anyone on your team, so I don't get it.

This is about setting the record straight.
                      WE WERE ON THE SAME TEAM!!! LEWIS AIR RACING IS ONE TEAM!!
                      OK anyway,

1. Stewart says " the CHT is climbing over Red-line" that sounds like over heating to me...
                      2. I Tell Dave " I can pull the CHT probes out of the blue TCAT so you guys can use them for testing!" I was told,"no Ive got more @ the hanger"
                      3. I asked Chris (young guy, oh wait my age ) "what were the telemetry numbers showing?" his response, "telemetry was not working!" then I ask "what about on board camera?" his response "camera was inop too!"
                      4. I was next door all week, you can hear everything...
                      5. I don't hate you guys, you have been good to work with, you are a little arrogant, but, whatever.
                      6. I don't understand how you turn your back on a guy (& throw him under the bus) (JP) who trusted you, & you trusted?
                      just sayin
                      D Abshier

Comment

What in the Sam Hill is going on here? We usually only have 'heated discussions' like this on AAFO when I have been the instigator, and I'M the one who gets called all the nasty names and accused of things.

This has to be about the beer, right Chris?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by al baby View Post
                          I wonder if Mr. Penny is happy now. He gets his 2 cents in and starts drama.

Do you think this is the way to get your job back with Mr. Lewis? If not, what was the point of all this? You could have walked quietly into the sunset with all your records and reputation intact, but you needed to "set the record straight".
                          The wisest post in the entire thread.

Comment

The wisest post in the entire thread.
                            the Questions for the BEAR crew I have are:
                            you guys think (JP) did all this to torpedo the team?
                            why would that happen?
                            what was his motivation?
                            what & why would he change his way of flying?
                            why would he put himself & the aircraft in danger?
                            D Abshier

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                              What in the Sam Hill is going on here? We usually only have 'heated discussions' like this on AAFO when I have been the instigator, and I'M the one who gets called all the nasty names and accused of things.

This has to be about the beer, right Chris?!?!?
                              I know... Right! Last time I saw a meltdown this bad was...
                              Attached Files

Comment

WE WERE ON THE SAME TEAM!!! LEWIS AIR RACING IS ONE TEAM!!
                                OK anyway,

1. Stewart says " the CHT is climbing over Red-line" that sounds like over heating to me...
                                2. I Tell Dave " I can pull the CHT probes out of the blue TCAT so you guys can use them for testing!" I was told,"no Ive got more @ the hanger"
                                3. I asked Chris (young guy, oh wait my age ) "what were the telemetry numbers showing?" his response, "telemetry was not working!" then I ask "what about on board camera?" his response "camera was inop too!"
                                4. I was next door all week, you can hear everything...
                                5. I don't hate you guys, you have been good to work with, you are a little arrogant, but, whatever.
                                6. I don't understand how you turn your back on a guy (& throw him under the bus) (JP) who trusted you, & you trusted?
                                just sayin
                                Yes, we are one team, that's why the alternator comment made no sense, the same man owns all of them.

1, There is a difference of opinion of what "high" CHT is. What do you think max CHT is on a turbo compounded 3350?

2, Not sure what to make of that? Thanks for the offer, but we had new ones?

3, I'll let Chris answer that.

5, "a little arrogant" that's the best you got! Lol. I've been called worse by better people. Call me anything but late for dinner.

6, You got it the other way around. The facts are the facts, denying them doesn't change them. And this crew could write a book about getting thrown under the bus.

I think a lot of good question have been asked of Mr. Penney, so I would appreciate it if we could keep this thread on the topic, setting the record straight, as Mr. Penney requested.

I'd be happy to continue Lewis team mutual admiration in another thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X