This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Request

It turns out, the message I deleted was from a crew member.. he was a new member and I did not recognize the username/name combination... Sorry err.. can't say your name... play on..

Onto the request: Most of the crew knows who of them is associated with the various usernames here, obviously, we know who most of them are also... Some, however, do not know who they are talking with here, even though they know each other face to face.

To avoid confusion and hurt feelings and or anger... can you guys make the effort to let each other know who is who.. Do it via PM if you're not comfortable associating your real name to your username for public consumption...

OK, again, for the rest of us, let's let these guys discuss this among themselves!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Setting the record straight

I was not there, I have no new information! I think, if you have data, (that you continually refer to, and base your argument on.) you should show that data to back up your claims...
      Last edited by dabshr; 03-07-2013, 02:31 PM.
      D Abshier

Comment

The video records, telemetry files, and paper logs would be the property of Mr. Lewis. Therefore any requests for links to video's, scans of paperwork, or spreadsheets of what telemetry was available would have to go to him.

If Video was posted, Logs were made available etc. It would mean hardly anything to the layman as interpretation and understanding of what would be seen requires implicit knowledge of the Wright 3350.
        From my limited knowledge of aviation there is one man to be believed on the sequence of events and I trust him implicitly. Mainly because I had the priviledge of standing next to him and the rest of the crew when it all went down.

Chris

Comment

John P.,
          A Question that keeps rattling around in my head is this:
          When you were instructed as in every preflight briefing to turn the ADI on at 45 inches and 2900 turns and then increase power to the predetermined test setting as soon as torque pressure began to rise how did it end up at 36 inches and 2600 turns for 90 seconds (With ADI on and Ind Temp at 40C) on the flight in question?
          Last edited by ChrisMX105; 03-08-2013, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by "Bear" Driver View Post

Last year, the crew chief started an experiment to cool the cylinder heads by leaning the carb mixture!.
            John,

When we lean a carburetor from 10.5 to 12.3, where the Curtiss Wright manual says it must be: I call that fixing a problem.

Why do you call it an experiment?

Comment

So many unanswered questions on this blog:

Maybe the pilot unit can explain to me why on the first engine startup, for the first flight that he did (this is after the accused another pilot from his second paragraph had desecrated the airplane the previous week), that the engine started right up, with no hesitation to start, with no popping sounds coming from the exhaust stacks. Seemed to be very smooooth, with a good mag check/ runup. Everything appeared to be just fine.

Then, when same pilot tried to start the engine for the second flight, it refused to start, had popping noises coming from the exhaust stacks, and took forever to get it to finally light off and stay running.

Could it possibly have been caused by compression leaking past the exhaust valves?

Please enlighten me, pilot unit.

My back is still sore from the 18 cylinder R&R.
              Last edited by toldjaso; 03-11-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
                John,

When we lean a carburetor from 10.5 to 12.3, where the Curtiss Wright manual says it must be: I call that fixing a problem.

Why do you call it an experiment?

John,

As long as we're on the subject of experimentation, do you think there actually is a limit to how much water you can put into an engine?

Damn, those cylinders came off cleaner than most do going on.

Comment

John.......

Why would you prefer a water injection regulator that stops regulating at 63 inches over a unit that regulates up to 120 inches? You know the engine makes 81 inches?

I hope that you two fellows cleared this with Rod's people before you posted.

Just saying..........
                  JetWaste

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper View Post
                    John,

As long as we're on the subject of experimentation, do you think there actually is a limit to how much water you can put into an engine?

Damn, those cylinders came off cleaner than most do going on.
                    And someone called me full of **** when I talked about cylinder wash.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                      And someone called me full of **** when I talked about cylinder wash.
                      As I recall, you refered to damage caused by washing the oil film off, causing scuffing of parts. There was none of this. No damage to any moving parts.

Accusation is still valid. Prunes might help you.
                      Last edited by toldjaso; 03-11-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Allow me to vent, but it seems this thread is full of f##k! There seems to be a ton of hate and discontent on both sides; more exciting than two teenage girls arguing about boys; hurts my brain...
                        "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

No hate. Just "Setting the record straight"

Comment

Originally posted by Matt58 View Post
                            Allow me to vent, but it seems this thread is full of f##k! There seems to be a ton of hate and discontent on both sides; more exciting than two teenage girls arguing about boys; hurts my brain...
                            Dude, hate??

I'm feeling nothing but love here!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
                              No hate. Just "Setting the record straight"
                              2008 DNF
                              2009 2nd
                              2010 2nd (no gold race sunday wind)
                              2011 479mph in qual, no races...
                              2012 DNF

i think this sets the record straight...
                              D Abshier

Comment

Originally posted by Matt58 View Post
                                Yeah, I guess whenever a group of several people dedicate some or all of their time and put their lives on hold to see to it that an aircraft that someone else owns will be successful in re-establishing a world record that it already owns, as well as be able to race on a closed circuit course, only to see YEARS of work and enough MONEY to run a small country go down the crapper because one guy makes a mistake and then won't even admit to it.

Then these same very dedicated individuals find themselves suddenly out of work, uprooted, tossed aside, being trashed by their old "friends", and having to explain what happened to people reading a blog, most of whom never get grease under their fingernails or hydraulic fliuid down their arm into their armpits, because that seems to be the only ones who even care what REALLY HAPPENED to this great race plane, I guess there might be a little bit of pent-up emotion there.

Like I said, Thank You, Wayne for letting us vent a little bit here.

Funny how you might find out who your true friends really are in life.
                                Last edited by toldjaso; 03-11-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X