This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Setting the record straight

I firmly believe that if it were to be deleted it would only be re-hashed in other threads without the insight of those who were there.
    Locking maybe, but that is Wayne's call and his judgement and fairness so far have been stellar in my book.

Your team's willingness to share and discuss improvement's and changes is enlightening and appreciated by all whether a seasoned mechanic or someone with very little knowledge of air racing.
    I do not see how anything said here could or will prevent your group from doing so.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
      If John's posts are going to be removed then I say delete it. Without them it just does not show both sides of the thread. On top of that it's just a sad thread to begin with. Nor do I want any fallout of this to prevent our team from posting any further updates on our program.
      Thanks Mike, I do value your opinion and it is noted and considered...

I received a note from John shortly after proceeding with his request to remove his posts, that told me to forget his request... I'm now left with the double dilemma...

I believe there is some important chit within this thread, truly, a page of the sport is being written within this and the other (now deleted) thread. A very promising development program ended with the separation of Cornell and his team from it. Some fairly lofty goals were within the grasp of that airplane and crew. It's just not fair to leave them holding the bag on this... is it?

This is a tough thread, John Penney is a hero to many, as is Skip Holm, Cornell is a legend within the sport the crew have proven their mettle many many times over. Their reputations are at stake here so to me, getting to the truth on this is important, beyond the desire to record history correctly.

John had the opportunity to answer specific questions asked him by the crew... Some of which were coming directly from Cornell.. What made John Penney think that he knew better than the man who built the engine and had a completely different thermo management program in place? If, John Penney did exactly as he said he did in his posts, then he admits to doing what he thought best and not what Cornell had just told him to do.. He did not have 27 years of experience with the airplane he was flying, it was now a different beast.

My head is spinning..
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Nothing from the Crew or Pilot should be deleted. Editing for the objective of staying on topic is for the good of continuity on the subject. But once you pick up that gun (keyboard in this case) and fire a bullet, you cant call it back!

Chris L,
        Ex Crew 8 years.
        JetWaste

Comment

LOCKED THREAD

Originally posted by jetwaste View Post
          Nothing from the Crew or Pilot should be deleted. Editing for the objective of staying on topic is for the good of continuity on the subject. But once you pick up that gun (keyboard in this case) and fire a bullet, you cant call it back!

Chris L,
          Ex Crew 8 years.
          After much hand wringing, a sleepless night (certainly only one of several) thinking about all of this.. Re-reading John Penney's last email to me telling me to "forget my request" regarding the deletion of his original three posts.. I've decided to do two things.. One, undelete his posts, and two, since there will be no further comments from John on the subject, I'm going to close the thread but leave it open for read-only.
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X