What A Porsche Was Built For

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A Porsche Was Built For

I know its not air racing, but close - this guys is flying.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Re: What A Porsche Was Built For

As a person who has had too many accidental near death experiences, one which involved being a teenage passenger in a car accident where I could have easily been killed or paralyzed for life, it's easy for me to look at each tree, post, stone, ditch, hill...that would not be bothered if it flipped, crushed, burned, impaled you or your car.

Since there are 7 billion people on this planet, if you want to hurt/kill yourself, as long as you can provide the money for your health care for life if you end up as a quad or with a brain injury, do as you please, just don't drain the resources of others for your dangerous hobby.

That said, FLOOR IT!!!

Are the air racers at Reno required to provide proof of being able to provide lifetime medical care for themselves if they suffer a serious injury?
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 02-28-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

No, we are not.
      Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
        Since there are 7 billion people on this planet, if you want to hurt/kill yourself, as long as you can provide the money for your health care for life if you end up as a quad or with a brain injury, do as you please, just don't drain the resources of others for your dangerous hobby.
        Skyvan,

I hope you're kidding, because if not isn't it hypocritical to make this statement and then show up at the Reno Air Races? The car is clearly being driven in a sanctioned event - just like Reno. If you're saying no one should be allowed to do anything which could lead to injury, well then, no one should be allowed to drive a car in any circumstance.

If you're saying no one should be allowed to do anything considered dangerous, who will be the judge of what constitutes dangerous? Having been born in a free country, I will never consider sacrificing my freedom to take risks just to keep someone else from enjoying their freedom to take risks. Safety has it's own costs, both in terms of dollars, and lost freedom.

Robert Goldman
        No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
        http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Desertdawg...

Thanks for posting that ! Talk about great driver and Excellent in-car Teamwork !!!
          Brought back good memories when Rally-America was really active down here.
          Only worked a couple of rallys. Heck of a lot of fun.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
            I know its not air racing, but close - this guys is flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyXWa...I1GXVkHZLJmo4Q
            That there, be some genuine, SH, crazy mofo, good drivin'!

My thought, always, when I watch rally racing is "where do you find co-drivers?!" !!

A little easier to understand doing it if you're the one with your hands/feet on the controls.... is it trust? Complete lack of normal human emotion????? You've got your head in your lap reading notes to the guy flinging your body all over the place!!!

Rally driving exemplifies the top skill levels in all of motor sport but.. it's such.... I don't want to say "craziness"... sputter sputter... On a closed race course, there's a level of familiarity with the course, you get to run the same corners over and over and they pretty much stay the "same" lap to lap and there's only so many corners.. Cheese, rally is just insane in that a co-driver is constantly reciting from shorthand what's coming next.. hummn... kind of like Air Racing without the co-driver!

Rally certainly gets more coverage than Air Racing but, like Air Racing, much less than I think it deserves!

That was also some superior cinematography showing the exemplary driving and a GREAT, totally unexpected and pleasurable ending! Nice Stuff!

Thanks for the link!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

I hear it can get really 'interesting' when there is no course pre-race drive prior to the event. Gotta have total trust in what the race officials wrote...

I normally just stood around talking on the radio (comm volunteer) while the race was in progress

Bob
              Last edited by Tibia; 03-01-2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X