Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A...um...proposal...modify a GIGANTIC racer :-P

Originally posted by MRE View Post
    Wild Bill, I knew you were not going to put a TF canopy on the airplane. I saw the drawings when you first posted them. Glad that you guys got the fairings,they should look great, and hopefully make the airplane faster. Can't wait to see the real thing finished. Best of luck, Mike.
    I figures that you know what I know, and now we all know what we know that you knew.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
      I figures that you know what I know, and now we all know what we know that you knew.
      I feel like I'm caught in a mutual-admiration society twister here.....

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
        I feel like I'm caught in a mutual-admiration society twister here.....
        You are don't ya know. Personally I would just like to see what spinners and an after body on a F7F would gain.
        Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; 02-08-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Think bigger! Mount 4360's on the F7F, contra rotating props. Clip the wings, decrease canopy size, use carbon fiber where possible, utilize Greenamayer's (sp?) method of raising and lowering the landing gear like he did on Conquest 1 to save even more weight.

Comment

Right! Since we're all a bit bored lets have a fantasy air race for twin engined fighter bomber warbirds, white lightning comes back from Europe couretsey of red bull to take part, glacer girl of course and la patrona or big boss man, whatever its called attends plus doesnt mr lewis own another tigercat? kermit weeks gets the mosquito he has up to flying condition , the mossie from New Zealand turns up, and finally a a DH 103. .. The de Havilland Hornet arrives from who know where? Now that's a nice noise a brace of merlins(as we say in blights), Deuce Allison's as well as twin 2800s!

Comment

Apologies for terrible ipad typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Paynts View Post
                Right! Since we're all a bit bored lets have a fantasy air race for twin engined fighter bomber warbirds, white lightning comes back from Europe couretsey of red bull to take part, glacer girl of course and la patrona or big boss man, whatever its called attends plus doesnt mr lewis own another tigercat? kermit weeks gets the mosquito he has up to flying condition , the mossie from New Zealand turns up, and finally a a DH 103. .. The de Havilland Hornet arrives from who know where? Now that's a nice noise a brace of merlins(as we say in blights), Deuce Allison's as well as twin 2800s!
                Through in a P-82 twin Mustang and a A-20 Havoc with Wright R-3350's. Would love to see a dH Hornet, but the opposite rotation nose case for Merlins would be a challange to find.

Comment

First off, if you're gonna put 4360's on a Tigercat, you need four. Two pushing and two pulling... And if you want to get fancy, make them all contra props!

And Big_Jim, that TF canopy on PM is just wrong... There are laws against that type of behavior in our hangar...

Comment

Originally posted by Aerialgunnery View Post
                    First off, if you're gonna put 4360's on a Tigercat, you need four. Two pushing and two pulling... And if you want to get fancy, make them all contra props!

And Big_Jim, that TF canopy on PM is just wrong... There are laws against that type of behavior in our hangar...
                    At-ease, Thom. Town will reassure you....the Haskin brothers have a long-standing tradition of turning modified P-51 racers into TF-s before their time.

So with the new paint scheme are we gonna have to re-do the nose art again?
                    Last edited by Big_Jim; 02-28-2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

In that case we'll install "Wanted, dead or alive" posters featuring the TF brothers in our pit this year... Racing a TF, that's preposterous!

Yeah, we're contemplating the nose art (and a few other things...), no decisions yet.

Comment

With that setup you would definately be way out in front. Everybody would be afraid to get close enough to all that churned up air to pass! We would feel the turbulence in the stands.
                        Jump out front at the start and fly in the middle of the allowed airspace and you're set.

But the sound? Pure sex.
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paynts View Post
                          ....and finally a a DH 103. .. The de Havilland Hornet arrives from who know where?
                          There ya go. I liked the "phantom" P-61 idea, but a Hornet with all the proper Merlin-mods and a modded airframe should be quick as,well...you know.

Comment

Working...
                          X