Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close as I could get....

IPMS show coming up.

I realize that all I need now is a 1/32 scale young Robbie Patterson for the cockpit.....

And now I can finally finish up Missie's Witch.
    Attached Files

Re: Close as I could get....

Looks real nice Big Jim. What show are you going to take it to ? We have a couple good ones coming up in the bay area.

Comment

AWESOME!!!!!
      That a resin kit Jim?
      Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

Yes, it started life as a Fisher Scale and Pattern 1/32 kit. Had to revert it from the 1979 version that the kit comes in to the 1976 Mojave version (the first race the plane won with the Griffon). Mr. Fisher was helpful in providing me extra parts to make those modifications.

They only made 200 kits, and the run sold out....so if you don't have one now, you have to find someone willing to sell their unbuilt version. I called it my $225 'starter kit' with the changes I had to make.

Mike, thought of everyone you'd appreciate it the most. There is a model show in a couple weeks at the Museum of Flight up here, plus the Pacific Northwest IPMS show in April. After the shows I'll most likely send it down to the Planes of Fame Museum for thier display cases...as my friend Ed Maloney has been gracious enough to take my racers off my hands for the last 25 years or so when I run out of room to display them at my house.

Comment

One of these days I need to get up to those northwest shows, have seen pictures of the MOF show, pretty incredible. I think I'd hang on to this one, but I'm sure Ed will like it since he was a model builder himself.

Comment

Originally posted by MRE View Post
            One of these days I need to get up to those northwest shows, have seen pictures of the MOF show, pretty incredible. I think I'd hang on to this one, but I'm sure Ed will like it since he was a model builder himself.
            Interestingly enough, THAT is how I got to know Ed...through model building. The warbirds were a nice secondary benefit. I usually only see Ed once a year at Reno, but I swear we usually sit down in the pit and spend two or three hours just talking...and it's almost like we pick up the conversation where we left off the previous year. And his first question is always "So, what are you building now?"

I got my first P-51 ride because I had given Ed so many models to display at PoF.

Comment

Jim,

Have been visiting POF off and on for years and didn't realize those models were crafted by you. Great modeling !

Bob Bass
              Corona

Comment

Originally posted by Tibia View Post
                Jim,

Have been visiting POF off and on for years and didn't realize those models were crafted by you. Great modeling !

Bob Bass
                Corona
                Thanks, Bob. Not all of them are....but over the years I'd say 30+ of the racers on display are mine. I haven't been down there in a long time, so I have no idea how many are still there, how many have been busted up in various moves, etc. But Ed has always been gracious in accepting them when I need to make room here in the man cave.

Comment

Good looking model, Bro. I figured you were a buddy of Mike M. His Cobra III I saw was super, I think I saw it at the Phoenix Nationals.
                  Always liked your POF stuff. Mine are weak in comparison.
                  Chris...

Comment

Working...
                  X