Forum Software Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Software Update

Just when you get a pair of shoes feeling jussst right, someone's gotta come along and make ya get a new pair!

Stuff was not working correctly with anyone who has a new computer, or is using IE 9... and who knows what else.

Anyway, updated the software, for the best anyway, what with web security and all..

I'm going to do my best to get the look of the forum more homy... like what we had beforbetter beter.. bear with me!

This creative stuff can tend to drive me... ... Any suggestions for features or changes in "look" will be gladly received!

Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Forum Software Update

Thanks for the heads up post...For a second or two there I was looking at the address bar to make sure I was in the right place!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrace View Post
      Thanks for the heads up post...For a second or two there I was looking at the address bar to make sure I was in the right place!!!
      Me too! Gonna take some gettin use to.
      Suggestions:
      Pictures in the background, header, etc.
      I look forward to seeing what you come up with Wayne!

Comment

I like it.

Thanks for the work, Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by marada mx3 View Post
          Me too! Gonna take some gettin use to.
          Suggestions:
          Pictures in the background, header, etc.
          Yup, I get that... gotta see how best to integrate old with new.. Functionally, this new software update (same company, about the only non-free, "safe" message board software, Vbulletin) should allow the members more flexibility. There is, for instance, a gallery function, which the old software had but was hard to impliment.... I *think* this version lends itself to allow you guys to transfer your uploaded files from the past, into a gallery.. NOT SURE on this function, but I think it's there.. Chat... IF... that winds up being anything we'd want, also might be possible..

I've gotta work today in my part time job with my bud I came to Reno with... ride around in the big pool truck and make folks happy and wet... but will get back to making the board look more familiar later.. wishin' that I'd have taken a screen shot of the old look cause I can't really remember the integration theme from the last one..
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin View Post
            I like it.

Thanks for the work, Wayne.
            Thanks Randy, work in progress to be sure!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Wayners

Same bulletin board as the Beech Aero Club. Easy to use too. Thanks!

Hope all is well with you and your sweetie!

I got engaged in Cabo last weekend Life is good and still sailing south. 50 plus trips under me belt.....

Seeyaonthebeach
              Scotty

Comment

Originally posted by Sailing South View Post
                Hey Wayners

Same bulletin board as the Beech Aero Club. Easy to use too. Thanks!

Hope all is well with you and your sweetie!

I got engaged in Cabo last weekend Life is good and still sailing south. 50 plus trips under me belt.....

Seeyaonthebeach
                Scotty
                Hey Scotty! Same Softy as before, just the "latest" version.. When I first, reluctantly, agreed to put message board software on the site, Vbulletin was the last thing I would have used.. It cost MONEY!! Having gone through the last decade plus, using, first some free stuff, then the different paid versions of Vbulletin... Well success speaks for itself! Only time we've lost data from this board is when I got goofed up during a panic backup of the server during a hurricane and wound up deleting the site.... MY FAULT..

Message database goes back a few years by golly! You guys are the "news".. I provide the space, the software makes it possible...

Damn I like Fridays....

PS.. me and the BN doing GREAT!!!!!!!!
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

PPS... graphic modifications still pending... Gotta work in the real world again on Saturday, maybe again on Sunday... Ain't retirement great!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

Great job young man.

Only thing is I can't find the Beer Glass icon???

Comment

wayne, I dont think the forum tools are working either. I cant get the mark forum read to work.

Glad to hear you and BN are doing well.

Wolves

Comment

I might have pulled the pin on the old version of Vbulletin software a bit too soon, I did not realize that it was such a drastic change. Past updates have not nuked the modifications to the look and functionality of the site.. this one did.

That said, managed to get busy doing stuff this week and next that keeps bread on the table, so no time to get back in and play software dood.. Main functions, particularly, the image view function, works now in IE9.. which is what every new computer has on it.. That is what drove me to make the changes.. now, to catch up with the software! I'll do some, hopefully, tomorrow.. Tough on an old guy to go do physical work! We'll see if I can sit up straight when I get home tomorrow..
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

It is a nice new look... time to start JD Development for your days off aka "Gonna start me a company called JD Development... gonna sit on the back porch sipping JD and see what develops." Take your time man... we'll be here.

Randy
                          Randy Rheinschild
                          www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                            Tough on an old guy to go do physical work! We'll see if I can sit up straight when I get home tomorrow..
                            Copious quantities of ALEVE... Get it in the large economy size at COSTCO for cheap.

Comment

Looks good Wayne! Also noticed that you have a Mike's Bikes ad running now. My local shop for all my cycling habits.

Comment

Working...
                              X