Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is posting entries for the Precious Metal paint contest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who else is posting entries for the Precious Metal paint contest?

so who won? the race is in afew weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang1957 View Post
      so who won? the race is in afew weeks.
      That was just a 'fantasy' contest for fun. The winner of it was not going to be what Thom painted it like.

To quote Gozer the Gozarian: "The form has been chosen".

Comment

For what its worth I was told the paint job is "Interesting" but no details were given.

Will

Comment

there were no pics released with new paint?:
          Last edited by Mustang1957; 09-01-2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

The new paint job will be revealed at Reno when the airplane arrives on the ramp. Friday, Sept 6 is the plan.

Comment

Thom,
              Will your team have T shirts available at Reno, either old or new scheme?

Comment

Yes!

We'll have new paint scheme shirts in all sizes and several colors. There is a small selection of last year's scheme in larger and smaller sizes only that we'll bring as well.

Thanks for asking!

Comment

I getting to Reno early so I can be there when Thom and PM arrives, just so I can watch!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
                    I getting to Reno early so I can be there when Thom and PM arrives, just so I can watch!
                    It's kind of a cross between Miss Suzy-Q and Voodoo, but with Rare Bear's 'candy corn' paint on the underside of the wings, and the old World Jet neon green on the top of the wings, with Dago Red's 'kelp' strategically painted down the side of the fuselage.

Rather subtle, if you ask me.

The real question is....is the nose art still there, or will I have to file a missing person's report with Kissimmee PD?

Comment

Speedy, you forgot that the kelp is on top of 232-style flames.

Comment

Originally posted by Thom Richard View Post
                        Yes!

We'll have new paint scheme shirts in all sizes and several colors. There is a small selection of last year's scheme in larger and smaller sizes only that we'll bring as well.

Thanks for asking!
                        I'd like to place my reservation for a large,please. See ya on the ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                          It's kind of a cross between Miss Suzy-Q and Voodoo, but with Rare Bear's 'candy corn' paint on the underside of the wings, and the old World Jet neon green on the top of the wings, with Dago Red's 'kelp' strategically painted down the side of the fuselage.
                          That's exactly what she looks like! I can't believe you let the cat out of the bag?? Who's your source? I'm gonna keel haul them!

Comment

Originally posted by Thom Richard View Post
                            That's exactly what she looks like! I can't believe you let the cat out of the bag?? Who's your source? I'm gonna keel haul them!
                            It's Maggie.

Comment

for the some of us who won't be able to come to the races,will PM shirts be sold online after reno ends?please post link if yes.thx

Comment

Leaked photos.....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X