Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is posting entries for the Precious Metal paint contest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who else is posting entries for the Precious Metal paint contest?

Originally posted by xmh53wrench View Post
    .....Sorry had to upload them to post here,
    Metalic Gold and White with Black trimming

That right there is just awesome although I would probably go metallic gold and natural metal with black trim. Whatever the colors the lay out of the scheme is fantastic and really accentuates the lines of the airplane. Great work!
    Last edited by Chad Veich; 01-24-2013, 10:27 PM.

Comment

And the latest, created on behalf of my brothers ideas...

Joseph

Comment

Apparently, mine didn't attach...here's a retry:
        "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
        -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

3-view:
          -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
            3-view:
            I like it, but I think the fuselage silver should be polished aluminum rather than painted.

You guys must remember that the wings will now need to be painted since they are profiling and smoothing them.

I'd submit my own but my artistic skills are more than a lot lacking. I must say there have been quite a few eye catching ideas thrown out there. It will be interesting to see what the final pick will be.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
              I like it, but I think the fuselage silver should be polished aluminum rather than painted.

You guys must remember that the wings will now need to be painted since they are profiling and smoothing them.
              I have the wings and fuselage painted silver to be uniform...since the wings have to be painted, went with silver paint, and made the fuselage match The photoshopped one of course has the polished metal from last year, but it is implied that the polished metal would be replaced with silver to account for profiling & bondo & smoothing & composite parts.
              -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by t-dub View Post
                Those look awesome Louie! I like them both!
                This is the one that gets my vote looks great and a stand out scheme

Comment

Thanks guys, I put alot of effort and thought into that gold and white one, dont know if personally I could out-do that one. Having not been around the air racing scene I was hoping to not borrow from any old schemes, dont know if that is the case. Thanks again.....two weeks till their decision....so anxious
                  Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

Here is a thought, what about doing all the black as a chrome black? It would give it a pretty cool effect as the light crosses it as it flies past. It would go from a chrome color to a black color as your point of reference changes. With either bright polished aluminum or a bright silver paint, the plane would go from all silver to black and silver. The gold paint would look interesting as well, depending on what the black background was doing.

Again, just a thought.

Will

Comment

Check these out, I can't take credit for them. So them on the link posted to San Diego Museum Flck http://www.flickr.com/photos/3118632...l-renoairraces
                      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post

Here is a thought, what about doing all the black as a chrome black? It would give it a pretty cool effect as the light crosses it as it flies past. It would go from a chrome color to a black color as your point of reference changes. With either bright polished aluminum or a bright silver paint, the plane would go from all silver to black and silver. The gold paint would look interesting as well, depending on what the black background was doing.

Again, just a thought.

Will
                        It's a good thought...makes the black less "boring"
                        -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Daddy like...

Comment

Originally posted by Aerialgunnery View Post
                            Daddy like...
                            Is this an in general statement, or directed toward the Chrome black idea?

There were some really creative and very cool designs submitted. Not all of them worked as well once you added the sponsors on, but were still very cool. I wish I had the sort of creative mind to draw and design a good paint job. My hat is off to all those who submitted one.

Will

Comment

Yes... (on both counts)

Absolutely, it's been an overwhelming response from the fans. Some pretty clever stuff as well. Neat to see the interest.

Comment

Here's how mine should look with the black chrome paint, gold paint, & silver paint...at least by my limited Photoshop skills
                                -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Working...
                                X